Morning Suggestions

Discuss Qigong, its ideas, theories and practice. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

Morning Suggestions

Postby LIB » Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:37 pm

deleted
Last edited by LIB on Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
LIB
Forum User

Re: Morning Suggestions

Postby molpa » Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:05 pm

Hi
Try tensing your body a few times.

How many hours do you sleep?
molpa
Forum User

Morning Suggestions

Postby LIB » Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:37 pm

deleted
Last edited by LIB on Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
LIB
Forum User

Re: Morning Suggestions

Postby molpa » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:00 pm

LIB wrote:Although I am a light sleeper, I sleep enough -- 7 hours. Thanks for your suggestion of progressive relaxation-- tensing the muscles.

Sure, it can be used as a way to relax your body. But it can also work for feeling more awake.
The reason to this, as I have read somewhere, is that the the blood is more inside to the organs when we are asleep and that is also one reason we feeling tired when waking up. If you tense your muscles, more blood will flow out from the depths and goes to the muscles and skin. That somehow makes us feel more awake. Another good thing is to do some pushups, or any light physical activity. Regarding qigong excersises perhaps someone else can give advice :)

I believe the solution is to help yourself sleep deeper. that way you will feel much better when waking up.
There are tons of information about this. in short, the room should be very dark, cool air about 18-20 degrees celsius (yes, you should not be very warm), quiet sorroundings, not being hungry, calm down a few hours before sleep.

Hope this helps.
molpa
Forum User

Return to Qigong / Chi Kung