Solar Plexus pain?

Discuss Qigong, its ideas, theories and practice. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

Solar Plexus pain?

Postby RingAndReed » Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:00 pm

Hello,
At breakfast time, I like to shake my yogurt box against my solar plexus (just below the sternum) with the idea this will gently train those muscles to resist impact. No discomfort at all when I do it, but several hours later, after lunch time, I feel like someone hit me hard in the solar plexus radiating down either side of the belly button. No loss of breath, just the feeling of blunt force.

Does this ring any bells?
Thanks
Robin
Robin Tropper
M.A.Sc., B.Mus.
http://TaichiAdventure.blogspot.ca
RingAndReed
Forum User

Re: Solar Plexus pain?

Postby Sanfung » Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:52 pm

Certainly I understand the rationale behind your training, but I was thinking that the source of the pain could potentially be unrelated to it as well. On one hand would there be any possibility that this is the result of muscle burn? I mean to ask if it's because you're working the muscles in the area and they aren't used to it. How long have you been practicing in this way, if you don't mind me asking?

Do you still feel this sort of pain later in the day when you don't practice in this fashion? If you don't, then that would potentially indicate there's some other cause, like I mentioned above.

While I haven't heard of this particular kind of pain before, those were the two scenarios that instantly came to mind.
Sanfung
Forum Guru

Return to Qigong / Chi Kung