Qigong and Tibetan Singing Bowls

Discuss Qigong, its ideas, theories and practice. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

Qigong and Tibetan Singing Bowls

Postby Vincenzo » Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:14 am

Hi Friends!
Somebody can teach me how can I choose Tibetan Singing Bowls for Taiji and/or Qigong practice?
I learned that sounds of Tibetan Singing Bowls are tuned with Chakras. My question: is it possible choose any tune for each of three Dan Tian? Thanks!
Vincenzo
Forum Newbie

Re: Qigong and Tibetan Singing Bowls

Postby Sanfung » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:07 am

This is a very interesting topic, but unfortunately one that many people misunderstand. I do hope that someone more knowledgeable on it than myself can reply as well.

I had actually understood, and I could be very wrong, that individual sounds are tied to a certain resonance with certain points. Therefore it would be possible to select a tone that resonates the same way as the Dan Tian point.

You would have to find that specific tone, which of course becomes easier when studying under an experienced teacher.

Is this correct?
Sanfung
Forum Guru

Postby Vincenzo » Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:47 pm

Yes, this is the question! But, how can we do it?
Vincenzo
Forum Newbie

Postby Sanfung » Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:01 pm

Recently I stumbled across a pair of articles that both deal with the mathematics of the issue, and I thought that you might be interested. As soon as I saw them, I actually thought of this post and went to check if it were still active on YMAA. I hope that these are of some use to you. I was trying to share better journal article content here before.

One comes from Kathleen Humphries from Loyola Marymount University, and the other from Denis Terwagne and John W M Bush.

I do hope that they're of some service to you.

http://digitalcommons.lmu.edu/cgi/viewc ... ntext=ulra

http://math.mit.edu/~bush/wordpress/wp- ... nBowls.pdf
Sanfung
Forum Guru

Return to Qigong / Chi Kung