qigong for liver wind

Discuss Qigong, its ideas, theories and practice. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

qigong for liver wind

Postby hanz » Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:23 pm

According to my TCM dr. I suffer from a liver wind condition. My western medical diagnose is Parkinsons disease. Are there special qigong routines for quiting liver wind?
hanz
Forum Newbie

Re: qigong for liver wind

Postby yeniseri » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:57 pm

There is no specific qigong interventions for Parkinsons'.
Be as active as you can and are able! Choose something that you feel that you can accomplish and stick with it.
yeniseri
Forum ÜberGuru

Postby hanz » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:29 pm

Thank you for your reply. I am able to devote 30-45 min each day to standing and sitting qigong. I just wondered, there are several systems that include healing sounds, although the sounds themselves differ somewhat between different lineages/ systems. Are there no sound practices for extuingishing liver wind? Ive seen two examples on youtube but I hoped for experts opinion on this matter.
hanz
Forum Newbie

Postby yeniseri » Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:17 pm

Based on the etiology of the disease, simply repeating x sounds has not proven to cure Parkinson disease. "Liver wind" as mild symptoms, may be alleviated based on yangshenggong (qigong, neigong, etc) intervention but neurological conditions per Parkinsons', MS, etc present situations that cannot be cured at this stage.

SOME ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FROM A TCM/CCM POINT OF VIEW
Providing you are still active, taijiquan, baduanjin and similar activities are good.

The principle of "calming the Heart" can decrease 'body agitation i.e. allowing other processes to work less under the disease state conditions while moving towards homeostasis. IN this process we assist the Lung (breathing, potential to decrease breathlessness) and Kidney (general well being, root (all things spring from Kidney health!) The concept of perceived exertion (PE) is central to the extent that we do not want to increase heart activity (HR) beyond its 'range' as it will force the other processes (Lung/Kidney/Liver/Stomach) to work harder which will tax the body and aggravate the disease condition.

To reiterate, this is just a TCM view and all must be in the care of their medical professional in taking care of their health conditions. Inform yourself as best as you can.
yeniseri
Forum ÜberGuru

Return to Qigong / Chi Kung