strenghen the Yi

Discuss Qigong, its ideas, theories and practice. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

strenghen the Yi

Postby alfie » Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:06 pm

I want to deepen strengthen my yi..I practise candle gazing and types of meditation which hekps..any tips out there for firming the yi that you've found..
alfie
Forum Newbie

Re: strenghen the Yi

Postby John the Monkey mind » Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:45 pm

Xing Yi Santi Shi staring at the fingers and beyond is to my mind the no1 way of building the Yi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3iefvePUf8

http://www.ycgf.org/Articles/XY_SanTiSh ... TiShi.html

My poor understanding and description of the basics for it is as follows. When in Santi shi your force spirals up from the ground and from your hands and head to the dantian and the force emitted from there like its under pressure. There is internal movement and coiling and releasing (expanding and contracting) to and from the center with the force spiraling out and coil releasing when emitting force. Look in a relaxed way at the fingers wile you do this but also see beyond them at the same time so that you are both focused on them and on everything. You can do this if your eyes are relaxed. Have the feel of emitting force on the out breath (forward from the top hand and down from the bottom hand) as if you were pushing a car but do not tense your body or breath. Then have a feeling of pulling something in on your in breath. The energy moves mostly through the empty leg filling the back to the top of the head and out to the arms.
You may need a teacher to understand any of that. But see the link and the section on Six-direction Force for more pointers.
John the Monkey mind
Forum ÜberGuru

Re: strenghen the Yi

Postby joeblast » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:55 pm

see Cleary's secret of the golden flower for the technique of "turning the light around" ;)
Even in mildly complex systems, any outcome is the wrong thing to target, with the process being where the focus should be.
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Return to Qigong / Chi Kung