qigong for kidney yang deficiency ?

Discuss Qigong, its ideas, theories and practice. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

qigong for kidney yang deficiency ?

Postby john23 » Thu May 02, 2013 11:10 am

Hello,

First thanks to the admin. for activating my account.

I am 39 years old and I have kidney yang deficiency. I would like to know what qigong would be best to handle this.

Thanks
J.
john23
Forum Newbie

Re: qigong for kidney yang deficiency ?

Postby joeblast » Thu May 02, 2013 12:40 pm

Did your acupuncturist prescribe you anything?

Are you familiar with the 6 healing sounds?

Yongquan breathing would be good also - I have some particulars in my personal practice section there on TTBs. But heck if you're going to do yongquan breathing then you might as well also be doing zhan zhuang also, 45 or 90 degree horse stance if you can.

Spring forest qigong's active exercises would benefit also - the small universe practice is good too.

Many methods - the two biggest contributions from you, mindfulness while doing the practices, and diligence doing them regularly, make it a habit.
Even in mildly complex systems, any outcome is the wrong thing to target, with the process being where the focus should be.
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Postby john23 » Thu May 02, 2013 1:58 pm

Thanks for your answser, joeblast

I had my first consultation a few days ago. The next is Saturday. My acupuncturist will perhaps give me some herbs. If not, I will ask for them or/and about the formula dmattwads recommended on another forum.

I am more drawn to zhan zhuang . I found some basic description of yongquan breathing in articles here. Will add the healing sounds.

Looks like it's an opportunity to make some radical changes in my lifestyle. Better late than never.
john23
Forum Newbie

Postby joeblast » Fri May 03, 2013 7:23 am

Definitely better late than never! :mrgreen: Slow and steady wins this race - good luck and keep asking questions when you have them!!
Even in mildly complex systems, any outcome is the wrong thing to target, with the process being where the focus should be.
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Postby john23 » Fri May 03, 2013 12:51 pm

joeblast wrote:Definitely better late than never! :mrgreen: Slow and steady wins this race - good luck and keep asking questions when you have them!!

Yes. I am totally determined to win this race.
I have quit coffee (8 cups per day for 25 years, my weakness but quit without regret ) and I am up for everything I can do.
I will certainly come back to ask questions. Embryonic breathing seems good, but a little tricky :mrgreen:

Thanks a lot,joeblast
john23
Forum Newbie

Postby yeniseri » Sat May 04, 2013 6:12 pm

john23 wrote:I am 39 years old and I have kidney yang deficiency. I would like to know what qigong would be best to handle this.
Thanks

I realize what was said but what did he actually mean? What was the diagnosis and/symptom presentation?
yeniseri
Forum ÜberGuru

Postby vaultkeeper7 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:29 am

I have read somewhere that the kidney yang deficiency can cause hypothyroidism and other kinds of weakness in body. In this case what you have to diagnose first is which part of the body is infected and start the treatment at the earliest.

Thanks
http://coolbulbs.com/
vaultkeeper7
Forum Newbie

Return to Qigong / Chi Kung