Tongue placement

Discuss Qigong, its ideas, theories and practice. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

Tongue placement

Postby vvanesse59 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:12 am

Once again, I come to the question in my mind: Where is the tip of the tongue placed during qigong? I have read/heard to complete conception/governing channels the tongue should be at the juncture of these channels. Now then is it in the center of the roof of the mouth as some would say "curl the tongue back and contact the tip in the upper palate", then others say "place the tip of the tongue just behind the teeth on the hard palate. I thought the conception ended just below the nose at the center of the lip or just behind that. Soooooo? :?
vvanesse59
Forum Contributor

Re: Tongue placement

Postby joeblast » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:28 am

looks like this one got missed :mrgreen: so long as you connect the tongue somewhere it will make some connection, so its not an all or nothing sort of thing. just behind the teeth where the gums meet is the normal small circulation MCO point. top of the palette changes the flow slightly, little more central channel-ish...kechari mudra goes back further still. I've heard touching to the lower junction below the lower teeth that is a spleen-earth focus.
Even in mildly complex systems, any outcome is the wrong thing to target, with the process being where the focus should be.
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Return to Qigong / Chi Kung