DANGER SMALL CIRCULATION VERSUS EMBRIONIC BREATHING

Discuss Qigong, its ideas, theories and practice. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

DANGER SMALL CIRCULATION VERSUS EMBRIONIC BREATHING

Postby josemunoz63 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:50 am

Dear all;

After pondering this matter, I have a serious doubt on the possible dangers of small circulation versus embryonic breathing.

" As per Dr. Yang's DVD and books, small circulation may be dangerous if practice is incorrect, since Qi circulation through Ren and Du Mai is involved. Being this flow out of center line, this could represent a risk in case of a bad practice. On the contrary, embryonic breathing is not dangerous, since Qi flow is involving only the center line."

My question is: considering that embryonic breathing is involving the important yin pole in Shang dantian ( upper dantian ) and the yang pole in Xia dantian ( lower dantian ), and Qi is transmitted through spinal cord ( Chong Mai ). How is it possible that embrionic breathing was not dangerous is case of bad practice but so small circulation. I strongly believe that both are dangerous in case of bad practice and I feel that even more embryonic breathing.

Some comment on this ?
Best Regards
Jose Munoz
josemunoz63
Forum Contributor

Re: DANGER SMALL CIRCULATION VERSUS EMBRIONIC BREATHING

Postby joeblast » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:26 am

basically...eb can be stopped at any time. sc, complete your loops and dont stop at a random point and make sure you close down the practice afterward. any practice where you move qi you should spend time closing down afterward.
Even in mildly complex systems, any outcome is the wrong thing to target, with the process being where the focus should be.
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Return to Qigong / Chi Kung