TOURTLE BREATHING AND HIBERNATION BREATHING

Discuss Qigong, its ideas, theories and practice. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

TOURTLE BREATHING AND HIBERNATION BREATHING

Postby josemunoz63 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:01 am

Dear all;

Dr. Yang explains many different breathing techniques, however he says that for some techniques he is not an expert and so he cannot explain about. Precisely 3 techniques are the ones I am looking for:

Tourtle Breathing
Hibernation Breathing
Heel Breathing

Some of you have some information about ?
Best Regards
Jose Munoz
josemunoz63
Forum Contributor

Re: TOURTLE BREATHING AND HIBERNATION BREATHING

Postby joeblast » Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:09 am

Master Nan Huai Chin on foot channel cultivation:
http://www.meditationexpert.com/blog/20 ... r-chariot/

I am not sure that too many people know the difference between longevity breathing, turtle breathing, hibernation breathing, to the extent that there are differences. Is there anything specific about what I've mentioned previously on the topic you are curious about?
Even in mildly complex systems, any outcome is the wrong thing to target, with the process being where the focus should be.
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Postby josemunoz63 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:43 am

Joeblast

Thanks for your link, but it was not what I was looking for. I am looking for some link explaining from Qigong point of view those ancient techniques of breathing: tourtle, hibernation and heel breathings.
Best Regards
Jose Munoz
josemunoz63
Forum Contributor

Postby joeblast » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:29 am

Master Nan can go on at length at times, but I would absolutely recommend reading the entire thing. Much about stuff not asked about, but some very good information about the foot channels and also some interesting exercises to help facilitate it. But to truly "breathe that deeply" it all begins with the bottom of the diaphragm, the crus of each leaflet attaching at the anterior of the spine. Trace from there to psoas to femur and you see the kidney sinew channel as I described in one of the grounding vs rooting posts around here. Perfect thing to be doing while in zhan zhuang ;)

As far as I can tell the turtle breathing is referencing just the deep abdominal motion - that's all that is left after the other parts of the breath have been sufficiently smooth. Cant feel your breath at that point. Hibernation is a similar concept, its just that there have been different people describing these things over the years - you have to have all of the physical mechanisms timed well so that the energetic culminations of each part of breath will coherently come together producing higher amplitude energy potentials and continue reducing and attenuating aspects that are not absolutely necessary; streamline the entire process. You've read a lot of these keys from me before - I'm trying to amass all of my writing on this and make it into one coherent collection, since I've written in bits so often. I will share it when I'm done, whenever that might be :)
Even in mildly complex systems, any outcome is the wrong thing to target, with the process being where the focus should be.
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Postby josemunoz63 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:07 am

Joeblast

Thanks for your answer. I will go on the link you pass me.
Best Regards
Jose Munoz
josemunoz63
Forum Contributor

Return to Qigong / Chi Kung