clock or counter clock wise

Discuss Qigong, its ideas, theories and practice. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

clock or counter clock wise

Postby josemunoz63 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:36 am

Dear all;

I always had a question that I resolved personally as per my understanding, but I would like if possible receive some advice:

" when we need to make qigong exercises for instance with the hand over baihui or over qihai and we need to make circles clock wise, how do we consider the clockwise ? : looking from inside ( from our eyes ) or looking from outside us. It is important, since the result of the motion would be the opposite depending on procedure"

Best Regards
Best Regards
Jose Munoz
josemunoz63
Forum Contributor

Re: clock or counter clock wise

Postby joeblast » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:36 am

it is always facing - hold a clock up against your midsection, 3 to the left. facing down from the top if 12 is at the front, 3 to the right, 6 in back...
Even in mildly complex systems, any outcome is the wrong thing to target, with the process being where the focus should be.
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Postby josemunoz63 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:40 am

Joeblast;

Perhaps it is better to consider that oneself is the clock, so if you need to turn your hand over qihai in clock-wise sense, this would mean to turn the hand to the left. Do you agree ?
Best Regards
Jose Munoz
josemunoz63
Forum Contributor

Postby joeblast » Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:30 pm

heh, the vagueness of words...

imagine looking at yourself from the front, superimpose a clock onto yourself, and follow that way :)
Even in mildly complex systems, any outcome is the wrong thing to target, with the process being where the focus should be.
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Postby josemunoz63 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:47 am

Joeblast

Now I catch it better, just what I was doing through intuition. Thanks, as usual more eyes gives a better sight.
Best Regards
Jose Munoz
josemunoz63
Forum Contributor

Return to Qigong / Chi Kung