Feeling cold during qigong practice

Discuss Qigong, its ideas, theories and practice. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

Postby fourquet » Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:27 pm

what is the 4 gates?
fourquet
Forum Newbie

Postby fourquet » Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:28 pm

what is the 4 gates?
fourquet
Forum Newbie

Postby darth_freak » Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:04 am

yongquan cavities beneath the feet and laogong cavities at the center of the palms.
"Turn your butt!"
Master Yang.

Xavier
darth_freak
Forum ÜberGuru

Postby darth_freak » Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:33 pm

your error was to believe you could do iron shirt from books!! where did you think you needed no master to guide you? That kind of training is supposed to be done once the body as reached quite a good level internaly and externaly!
are completly crazy or what?! isn't written in these books how dangerous this kind of training can be?! I find this quite weird, I don't know Mantak Chia but I think Master Yang must warn a lot about that, if he said enough about it that someone could train with what he wrote. What book did you use?! :x
"Turn your butt!"
Master Yang.

Xavier
darth_freak
Forum ÜberGuru

Postby scramasax57 » Fri Jul 07, 2006 6:01 pm

Why did you make two accounts?
aka eric hinds, 2nd stripe
n. andover, ma branch
yang's martial arts association

changchuan, baihe, and xingyi
scramasax57
Forum DemiGod

Postby darth_freak » Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:55 am

how old are you?! like 16 or what? would you teach fa jin to a beginner just because it's cool to do fa jin or because, since it's one of the high points, it's better to get high at first?! man, be careful; some high level qigong can also be dangerous for the mind!
"Turn your butt!"
Master Yang.

Xavier
darth_freak
Forum ÜberGuru

Postby Inga » Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:48 am

darth_freak, i'm not sure how age factors into this. i know some very mature 16 year olds who practice kung fu and related martial arts, and i know some pretty irresponsible 40 year olds. your warning is most sound tho, good advice to anyone new to qigong. and i put myself in that category.
Inga
Admin

Postby darth_freak » Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:17 am

I know, I know. But I often saw young men eager to train iron shirt, sand palm etc because of the energu the express in their youth. By default, a young person should be kind of "unwise" because he/she is young and an older person should be wise. Unfortunatly it's often not the case. But I'm quite amazed that some people, who looks like they're beginners, try very advanced levels of training! It may be a good way to become what Nieztsche called the "ubermensch" or "uberman" in the way if you don't succeed, you die!
"Turn your butt!"
Master Yang.

Xavier
darth_freak
Forum ÜberGuru

Postby Inga » Sat Jul 08, 2006 5:29 pm

haha, uberkungfuer...ouch that was terrible, sorry :) yes, well, over confidence can happen at any age. and risk taking can bring great reward as well as great pain. anyway, getting way off the qigong track here. i have not experienced any temperature fluctuations yet, just tingling, almost a 'humming' or 'buzzing' sensation. it's tempting to use the word 'warm' but it's not really. soothing i suppose which gives the impression of warmth. what i find frustrating is that i can sense this all over when i concentrate on that area, but have yet to feel a sense of flow which i can get when having shiatsu with an experienced practitioner. i can feel her moving the qi about. i can't seem to do that or at least feel myself doing that yet. more practice :)
Inga
Admin

Postby Inga » Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:57 am

guten tag paper, don't be concerned. if you read through all the posts you'll see we are talking about your question because we are interested in what you said. you are trying to learn, as am i, and i think all on here respect that. one draw back is i often find your english difficult to interpret, for example, i did not understand your comment "one people my head has more weight as my bottom". i DO understand that you are often frustrated and you seem to be trying hard to reach out and communicate with like minded folk. that is good. keep grounded, keep talking and keep practicing. as my sifu says "it's not about the destination, it's about the journey".
Inga
Admin

Postby Dvivid » Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:38 am

Don't pounce on him too badly...I think everyone gets fascinated by Iron Shirt when they first hear of it, and entertain thoughts of training it. Often it really isn't clear that this isn't just something that you can do a few hours here and there after school and between Halo playing sessions.

Master Yang's book does lay a clear path of how to practice some aspects of this muscle tendon changing and marrow/ bone washing qigong, and I highly recommend it.

Links don't work in the forum right now, so cut and paste:

http://ymaa.stores.yahoo.net/qigsecofyout.html
"Avoid Prejudice, Be Objective in Your Judgement, Be Scientific, Be Logical and Make Sense, Do Not Ignore Prior Experience." - Dr. Yang

http://www.ymaa.com/publishing
Dvivid
Forum God

Return to Qigong / Chi Kung