Getting a cold:best qigong methods to aid in recovery?

Discuss Qigong, its ideas, theories and practice. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

Getting a cold:best qigong methods to aid in recovery?

Postby tianshiz » Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:22 pm

I got a cold recently and it has drained all the energy from me. I get drowsy during the day, blurred vision and sometimes a lack of coordination. I just ate some garlic and ginger and both of them helped to warm up my body immediately. How does qi relate to this?

Are there any breathing techniques that would help me get better faster? For instance, if I inhale more than I exhale or vice versa.
tianshiz
Forum User

Re: Getting a cold:best qigong methods to aid in recovery?

Postby Josh Young » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:28 pm

Concentrate on using your entire body to breathe, really breathe with it all, good slow, deep relaxed breathing.

This will circulate lymph fluid, which is part of your immune system. Likewise the circulation of blood and oxygen will help the natural healing system your body has.

Conserve your energy too, don't overdo it, your body needs a lot of energy to fight disease, but do not become inactive. Too much rest weakens the immune system, impedes the circulation and causes stagnation.

Also try to empty your mind, the brain uses more energy than any other part of the body, simply by meditating upon the breath you provide more energy for your body by not consuming it with your brain.

I cannot answer the question of qi and garlic and ginger, it is beyond my knowledge.
Josh Young
Forum DemiGod

Return to Qigong / Chi Kung