Chi-Power Plus Or Spring Forest Qigong

Discuss Qigong, its ideas, theories and practice. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

Chi-Power Plus Or Spring Forest Qigong

Postby Jeramba » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:47 pm

Hi,

I'm quite fascinated by Qigong and other healing systems. At the moment I'm reading through the Chi-Power Plus program, and trying some of the exercises. Now the program makes a lot of bold claims and seems a bit silly in some ways. However the exercises seem to be beneficial after a week of practice (horse stance and lying meditation). I also can't seem to find much criticism of it on the net.....

What are your opinions of it ?

I also bought Spring Forest 1& 2 over two years ago on Ebay for less than $20. Now I've not really tried this in any great detail. But it seems highly recommended ?

Thanks

J
Jeramba
Forum Newbie

Re: Chi-Power Plus Or Spring Forest Qigong

Postby yeniseri » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:55 pm

I may be old fashioned but I would go to an actual face to face class in Minnesota due to the step by step phase of instruction. Stuff like Chi Power Plus (personally) is a kind of cliche/New Age angle that I am not comfortable with as it rubs me the wrong way as it seems the opposite of what yangshenggong practice is about.

Spring Forest is safer, appears to be well tolerated by practitioners (practice, appreciation, easy to learn) and it is a way to gauge other classes in the future as to how similar venues are presented.
yeniseri
Forum ÜberGuru

Postby joeblast » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:09 pm

I'll also give SFQ a thumbs up :)
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Postby Jeramba » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:35 am

Ok thanks guys :)

How long does it take to feel the benefit. I've been practicing for about three weeks. I just feel a bit more relaxed and possibly have more energy. But the change is subtle....

I've found a practitioner that teaches Chaoyi Fanhuan Qigong (CFQ). Is anyone familar with this ?
Jeramba
Forum Newbie

Postby yeniseri » Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:01 pm

Jeramba wrote:Ok thanks guys :)

How long does it take to feel the benefit. I've been practicing for about three weeks. I just feel a bit more relaxed and possibly have more energy. But the change is subtle....

I've found a practitioner that teaches Chaoyi Fanhuan Qigong (CFQ). Is anyone familar with this ?

I have no experience with it but I have heard about it! As long as there is a layed instruction programme, take advantage of it. It is good to see how or how not to teach qigong and gain some level of objective knowledge on how to assess othere system, which may or may not be congruous to your frame of mind! Go for it!
yeniseri
Forum ÜberGuru

Postby joeblast » Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:22 am

Benefit will depend on the sincerity and frequency of your practice ;) But expect it to be subtle at best, otherwise you're setting yourself up. Just have an open mind and let go of expectations, because as shakespeare wrote "there are more things in heaven and earth, horatio, than are found in your philosophy."
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Return to Qigong / Chi Kung