How can you filter/expell bad qi?

Discuss Qigong, its ideas, theories and practice. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

How can you filter/expell bad qi?

Postby fit155 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:28 am

Are there specific recommendations, qigong systems to practice, or specific poses in a particular system for filtering or expelling bad qi?

I'm concerned about the impact on the quality of qi we get from the air and from the food we eat because of the release of radioactive materials from the nuclear disaster in Japan. Basically, I feel there's a disturbance in the force.

Does qigong offer any method or hope of filtering or expelling some of the harmful elements involved or lessening their impact?
fit155
Forum Addict

Postby joeblast » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:01 am

More often than not, the 'disturbance in the force' is but a 'disturbance in the mind' ;) No offense intended, but unless you're pretty close and downwind of Japan, this is an extrapolation of your imagination, diluted well beyond harm's range. Your body naturally expels that which is does not need (for the most part) and diligent practice enhances the natural happenings. A good breathing regimen helps enhance O2 uptake and CO2 expulsion, for example. Of course there are herbs that can facilitate certain things, but you dont need to run out and stock up on iodine or anything drastic ;)
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Postby joeblast » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:09 am

/\
Last edited by joeblast on Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Postby fit155 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:25 pm

My experience has usually been that when someone says "no offense" their purpose is to offend.

I've seen all sorts of posts on this board with which I don't agree or that I think are "out there." My understanding is that this forum is supposed to be a place where people can ask questions and put forth ideas -- whether conventional or unconventional -- in a safe and supportive environment. So you know what I do when I run into these posts? Out of respect for the posters and for this forum I stay quiet and/or click past them.

There are plenty of forums on the Internet where you can satisfy your need to publicly mock member questions, thoughts and concerns. I'm pretty confident that doing so isn't appreciated here.
fit155
Forum Addict

Postby joeblast » Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:41 pm

I said no offense because I was contradicting something you appear to believe in, and firmly enough that it is causing you worry about the food you eat. Unless you're in very close proximity it is exceedingly unlikely that you will encounter adverse effects from your food because of the nuclear disaster, the worst would probably be from fish close to the disaster.

Its tough when people search hard for the underlying meaning of straightforward plainspeak - although given how "people" normally say such things, and combined with the impersonal and inflection-barren nature of text, I cant blame you for having that reaction.
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Return to Qigong / Chi Kung