Myopia (Nearsightedness)

Discuss Qigong, its ideas, theories and practice. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

Myopia (Nearsightedness)

Postby kudzu28 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:01 pm

Hello to all,
Do any of you know of any resources on the Internet for myopia, or nearsightedness? I work at a computer 8 hours/day, then come home to study on my laptop for typically 1.5-2 hours per night. I have noticed in the last 5 months some difficulty with seeing things at a distance.

Today I started some eye exercises that I hope will help. These include rotating my eyes clockwise, counterclockwise, diagonally, up and down, left and right (10 reps of each), then massaging the area around my eyes, as well as the sole of the foot, in between the 2nd and 3rd toes.

Am I on the right track here? Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer. :D

Holly

P.S. I also do the 8 Pieces of Brocade (have been doing it for a little over a year). Is there anything I should add to it to help?
kudzu28
Forum User

Postby John the Monkey mind » Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:15 am

All very good exercises and they should help. You need to relax the eyes.

My partner suffers from the same thing but when she regularly practises her Qi Gong she sees improvement and can do without her glasses.
If you can get out on the weekend to big open spaces with a long distance view for a few hours this will do a lot to help as your eyes can get far to used to short distances and need pushing the other way from time to time. The muscles that focus your eyes seem to be much like any others in that they get used to being used one way or the other and you can lose capability if you don't exercise throughout the range of movement.
Last edited by John the Monkey mind on Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
John the Monkey mind
Forum ÜberGuru

Postby kudzu28 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:51 am

Thank you! I'll do that!!
kudzu28
Forum User

Return to Qigong / Chi Kung