Yi Jin Jing forms

Discuss Qigong, its ideas, theories and practice. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

Yi Jin Jing forms

Postby Denas » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:55 pm

I have read all information about Yi Jin Jing available on internet.
Some sources mentioned that one must use muscle tension (in fist form) and imagine chi flowing into hands but in Dr. Yang's book there was said that one must use as little tension as possible to avoid chi blockage but simply imagine tensing his muscles using mind power.
So, what is the difference in yi jin jing fist form where muscle tension is used and in another where tension is not emphasised? What is more effective for martial arts purposes?

Thanks for reading this post,
Denas
Denas
Forum User

YJJ questions

Postby vvanesse59 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:28 pm

I am just learning YJJ and although not very learned in it I will pass along what my understanding is. In reading some of the Chinese Health Qigong Association articles it speaks of "slightly" presenting strength. http://jsqg.sport.org.cn/en/tips/index.html The strength for the Pestle I, II and III is provided from the waist up through the torso to the shoulders, arms and hands. The "Pulling Nine Cows" form has one grasping into a fist -- folding fingers one at a time into the fist and then "visualising" or using the intent/yi to pull back "nine cows" or and very heavy weight. Here I believe the inent is not to grasp so tightly as to block qi flow but the intent causes the grip to "feel" the weight. The YJJ is to strengthen muscles and tendons so some isometrics in Western thinking may be involved. Just my limited understanding so perhaps someone more knowledgeable will post soon. :roll:
vvanesse59
Forum Contributor

Postby joeblast » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:26 am

my interpretation: two different manifestations, each will cultivate a little differently. if you're focused on building internal strength, then the latter will cultivate it more strongly. "your focus determines your reality" - so if your focus is on the muscles and tendons, then that is where the preponderance of benefit will reside.
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Postby Asmo » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:14 am

YJJ is not a qigong one should try to learn on their own, you need a knowledgeable teacher for that. So ask him how it should be done.

If you can not find a teacher, best stick to 8 brocades which is a wonderful qigong that can be safely done on your own without a teacher.
Asmo
Forum User

Return to Qigong / Chi Kung