Qi

Discuss Qigong, its ideas, theories and practice. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

Qi

Postby Josh Young » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:42 pm

I wanted to start another discussion on qi. It occurred to me minutes ago what qi might be. An energy of mind, no more or less. You might know this well, but I do not.

I mean this outside of kinetic qi and other defined forms like electrical qi.

It is all in "where the yi goes the chi will follow"

It is awe. The power of mind. Like an infant, one does not focus it upon thought words, instead one lets it be undifferentiated and then uses it as needed.

Grand circulation makes perfect sense now, because the mind practices being aware of the body as a whole. The sensations are psychosomatic, but that is qi, the very power of placebo is the power of yi. It is not belief or faith, that is obsolete, it is merely attention.

The meridian theory is not the same as this, that is a different form of qi, using the yi-qi, but dealing with functional and physical relationships of development. Your arm nerves connect to the same vertebra that nerves of your internal organs do, and different organs and such form from the same undivided tissue.

We were all once: a single cell. Meridian pathways reflect developmental biology and fate-maps in a rather amazing way.

I do not mean to invoke yi as the center of existence, just as a profound tool that I underestimate constantly.

So I was hoping to discuss the ideas as I have presented them. What do you agree with or disagree with or perhaps you have a relevant observation or anecdote about this topic?

If this yi-qi is what I think it might be, then it has a subjective nature to it, that is objective. Ergo it is experienced 24/7 by every person, but cannot be measured or quantified.
Josh Young
Forum DemiGod

Postby Dvivid » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:41 am

Now you are onto it.

paraphrasing "the total number of minds in the universe is One."

aka... the total number of sources of Qi are one - interconnectivity. No matter what KIND of energy, kinetic, electrical, heat, magnetism - they are one Qi, directed by Yi. Energy follows consciousness.
"Avoid Prejudice, Be Objective in Your Judgement, Be Scientific, Be Logical and Make Sense, Do Not Ignore Prior Experience." - Dr. Yang

http://www.ymaa.com/publishing
Dvivid
Forum God

Postby Josh Young » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:36 am

My mind is too weak to grasp the concept that the number of minds in the universe is 1 whole.

But I am able to grasp the concept that qi is an energy that is deeply involved in consciousness. The energy of the part of mind that does not move.
Josh Young
Forum DemiGod

Postby joeblast » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:29 pm

we still havent departed from poetic correlations :)
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Postby Josh Young » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:14 pm

joeblast wrote:we still havent departed from poetic correlations :)

could you explain?
i'd like more info about what seems poetic
Josh Young
Forum DemiGod

Postby joeblast » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:20 am

hehehe...is it any more or less poetic than the poem that didnt attempt to directly probe a singularity? :D
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Postby Josh Young » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:16 am

poetic is a quality I am unable to quantify, less or more of it...I cannot say.

I had hoped it was a singular focus, insofar that it addressed the idea that qi is energy of mind. The other material is really just tangential or relevant, or so I had hoped.

However I enjoyed reading the broader piece where qi was examined by what it is not, more than I enjoy the idea that yi is the crux of qi. Not that I am pained by such a notion either.
Josh Young
Forum DemiGod

Postby joeblast » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:17 am

more poetic, less poetic, all subjective - tangential is still relevant :)
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Return to Qigong / Chi Kung