Qigong in sprinting/running

Discuss Qigong, its ideas, theories and practice. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

Qigong in sprinting/running

Postby Denas » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:49 pm

I would like to know how I can utilize chi energetic aspects in running or sprinting. I like run and sprint several times a week but I feel that I can add more in these types of exercises.
To make better energetic effect in running I like to visualize small circulation flow. And it makes my running much easier. I can run 5km more.
While in sprinting I don't know what chi manipulation techniques to use.
Any ideas or suggestions on this topic?
Denas
Forum User

Postby yeniseri » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:32 am

Denas said
in sprinting I don't know what chi manipulation techniques to use.
but this is not an objective criteria for serious runners. As a former runner (I do it less now) the primary concern is conditioning, making breathing more efficient through abdominal breathing and the pre-requisite training regimen, combination long slow distance (LSD), sprinting (periodic) and actual running schedule.

Lowering the breathing (abdomen-diaphragm complex) is more doable and to be coupled with LSD training, as this helps with mitochondrial oxidative capacity of the calf muscles, i.e. habituation/periodization of LSD over time to build stamina.
Body structure encompassing running gait, how you position the hand/forearm, and abdominal breathing is a major key to running technique. Compared to other qi/chi stuff, you actually have to run to develop such criteria.
yeniseri
Forum ÜberGuru

Postby joeblast » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:42 am

heh...sprinting? focus the third eye on the finish line, kinda like 8 brocades staring fiercely at the opponent ;)

just dont concentrate TOO hard and pull a finish line fail :lol:
http://www.mytopclip.com/v/31761,finish-line-fail-.html
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Return to Qigong / Chi Kung