Bao Ding Balls

Discuss Qigong, its ideas, theories and practice. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

Bao Ding Balls

Postby Moon Knight » Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:44 am

Dr. Yang briefly mentions bao ding balls as a means of stimulating qi in his book, Qigong for Health and Martial Arts. Since reading that I've picked up a set and started using them after training sessions, and any time I feel stressed (since they're good for that too). My question is, where should one's mind be for optimum benefit during practice?

In the beginning I was focusing on my lower tan tien like I do most of the day and/or trying to be relaxed and generally aware of my whole body all at once; almost as if I was using my whole body for the exercise. Lately I've been focusing solely on my hands (and feet, because I use them for foot massage too), placing my mind fully in the action of my fingers.

I haven't really felt any difference between the two methods, but my sensitivity to such things is still developing.
Moon Knight
Forum User

Postby joeblast » Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:49 am

hehe...as long as the mind isnt on what is making one stressed ;) different methods produce different results. paying attention to your fingers and hands will cultivate dexterity and awareness.
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Return to Qigong / Chi Kung