tired to the bones

Discuss Qigong, its ideas, theories and practice. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

tired to the bones

Postby jimlong5000 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:43 am

Hi,

I've just started training qigong by using YMAA's material. I am working solely on the ba duan jin. I've been doing the set once in the morning and one in the evening. I repeat each piece about 5 times. I've been doing this for the last 2 weeks.

Now my body aches throughout the day. It has never ached like this before. When it aches like this I have to do a few of the pieces. Afterwards I feel much better. But a few hours later, my body aches again all over. I can feel the ache going into my bones. Also, I feel the most aching near the kidneys and the two spots near the shoulder area.

I am a little worried because qigong is supposed to make you more relax and have less aches, correct? Qigong is the only thing that has changed in my life recently. Is this normal with beginners?
jimlong5000
Forum User

Postby joeblast » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:58 am

Welcome to the wonderful world of digging up your own dren, be it physical or mental :) Lots of times exercises may induce some purging reactions, depending on where you are. Feeeeel those aches, put your awareness on them and gently work at then each time you do the exercises. They should pass as your body grows accustomed to them and corrects them - its akin to a cut on the skin itching when it heals.

Sometimes you got to git knocked down to get up!
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Postby Josh Young » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:33 pm

I suspect it is the ache of connective tissue undergoing the initial conditioning, it should pass and you will benefit for it.
Josh Young
Forum DemiGod

Postby joeblast » Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:07 pm

A very good reason to assess, probe, with your awareness - listen well to your body and it will tell you when enough is enough, you dont want to overdo it! Gentle conditioning, not harm - even though gain is often accompanied by pain!
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Postby jimlong5000 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:30 am

Thanks.
jimlong5000
Forum User

Return to Qigong / Chi Kung