It is in the hands?

Discuss Qigong, its ideas, theories and practice. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

It is in the hands?

Postby tacklebloke » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:33 am

Hi

I like to ask a question..

Whenever I start my abdominal breathing on my dan-tian, the tickling sensation is always on my hands. It is hard to feel the 'heat' source right at the lower belly, but it seems to appear at the back of the lower-back instead. (ming-men area)

So exactly which one would you identify chi with? The tickling sensation on the hands or the hot patch at the lower back as the chi source? The next question is how to move it up along the lower back? :?:

cheers
Tacklebloke
Little knowledge is dangerous, so ask and you will be answered and exercise a little thought.
tacklebloke
Forum Newbie

Postby joeblast » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:33 am

Being a musician, my hands are usually the first thing to light up too. I'd say dont worry about the source or where you're leading it. Keep your focus on the dan tien and execute a well timed, harmonized breath. That's where it all starts - take your focus off the breath and you are taking your focus off of the very thing that is producing these interesting effects.

The most fundamental aspect is breathing. Establish a calm, gentle breath before you do anything...at all. This in and of itself, being able to effectively sink oneself, immerse oneself in the breath...it is invaluable.

No matter what practice you do, this is completely relevant.

If you dont stabilize the breath, you will never sink any deeper than the breath; your deeper connection to and stabilization of the heart will not happen; you will not calm your diaphragm and let the pericardium relax and sit comfortably upon it; you will never not feel your breath for a moment that lasts eternity. You will not feel your liver ebb and flow with the rhythm of your heart; you will never feel your kidneys massage your blood stream.

Until you stabilize your breath, you wont really be able to appreciate the concept of 'letting go' and the amazing relaxation-bliss that flows forth from it.

Breathing in and of itself will solve most any grounding issue, practiced diligently.
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Return to Qigong / Chi Kung