nerve reaction in the sole of my right foot

Discuss Qigong, its ideas, theories and practice. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

nerve reaction in the sole of my right foot

Postby Limiturlimitations » Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:52 am

i have been a martial arts practitioner for alittle over 7 years now and i just got a hold of Dr.Yang,Jwing-Ming' book "Qigong for health and martial arts", it totally blew me away! It made since out of alot of things that i thought were just taboo like holding one tounge to the roof of one's mouth. i had some understanding of qi but i didn't realize how much science and logic is actually put in to the concept/ practise. I am currently practising the first form in the book the Da mo Wai Dan (or Why Dan? lol) man is it hard!! i lift weights i had no idea how hard it is to simply hold one's own weight . Anyway my question is , after i'm done and my qi is redistributing i start to walk around and feel a tingleing sensation in my right sole of foot. it's kinda like someone hit my funny bone but not as numbing. it goes away after awhile but i dont know what to expect. am i doing something wrong i realize how important qi is to health and my kung-fu so i'd hate to be on a wrong path so early in the traing of qiqong . can any one help?
Limiturlimitations
Forum User

Postby joeblast » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:18 am

check your lineup & posture in a mirror - that can happen if you're standing a little on one side. only happens when you're done??
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Postby Josh Young » Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:12 pm

The feeling should alleviate as the conditioning effects of the exercise sink in over time. I believe it is related to your body doing work it is not used to and so some parts of the body are not as relaxed right now in the exercise as they will be.

However I am no expert and cannot say I know what is occurring. To me it sounds like your joints need to open and relax more and that they surely will as your work with this excellent exercise continues.

The tongue on the roof of the mouth is also used in combat by some, to prevent the swallowing of teeth if they are jarred lose among other things. If you have ever been jarred so hard your teeth clacked together painfully you may also note that the tongue position helps prevents that as well.
Josh Young
Forum DemiGod

Re: nerve reaction in the sole of my right foot

Postby yeniseri » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:24 pm

Limiturlimitations wrote:after i'm done and my qi is redistributing i start to walk around and feel a tingleing sensation in my right sole of foot. it's kinda like someone hit my funny bone but not as numbing..... can any one help?

It appears to be a postural imbalance manifested as tingling sensation........ Do more runners exercise as in hamstring stretch, calf stretches, etc
yeniseri
Forum ÜberGuru

Postby Limiturlimitations » Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:42 pm

joeblast wrote:check your lineup & posture in a mirror - that can happen if you're standing a little on one side. only happens when you're done??
yeah I just practises it again tonight 7/7/09 andit happened again this time for a shorter period of time
Limiturlimitations
Forum User

Thanks

Postby Limiturlimitations » Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:51 pm

Thank you all for your input it definitely help alot
Limiturlimitations
Forum User

Postby Dvivid » Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:25 am

Or its just the yongquan cavity in the sole...

which will feel odd at first. It can be asymmetrical due to muscular imbalance.

Will probably lessen over repeated practice as blockage clears and gate opens.
"Avoid Prejudice, Be Objective in Your Judgement, Be Scientific, Be Logical and Make Sense, Do Not Ignore Prior Experience." - Dr. Yang

http://www.ymaa.com/publishing
Dvivid
Forum God

Postby joeblast » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:57 am

Try giving each yongquan 9, 18, 24 slaps and then rub your palm in a circular motion...that should help the tinglies. Sounds like this will pass with reps.
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Postby tjb1959 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:31 pm

I just happened upon this forum.
How is that tingle doing after the wai dan exercises? Are you doing this barefoot or sockfooted? Even though you're building qi locally, you're still generating overall qi as well. Qi follows the path of least resistance, so when you're standing, qi flows down the legs and into the earth via the soles of the feet creating a kind of electrical connection or circuit. When you're done and you start to move your feet, you break that connection and there's a kind of arc like when you unplug a lamp which is still on and you see that little blue spark. After doing standing qigong the soles of my feet always get very hot immediately after I first break connection with the ground. Always continue to ponder, practice and read and re-read Master Yang's books on the subject....Just another viewpoint.

TJB
tjb1959
Just Arrived

Return to Qigong / Chi Kung