Weight loss with deep breathing by Qigong???

Discuss Qigong, its ideas, theories and practice. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

Postby joeblast » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:10 am

imho, apropos amount to each, season to taste :D
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Postby yeniseri » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:16 am

miliox wrote:But I think since the moment that you increase your oxygen intake by deep breathing, for example, many things change in your body, from gene expression to proteins activity, that is physiology...

1, Deep breathing is good so in that sense it is becoming more functional as opposed to the diminished capacity of chest breathing.
2, Type of food influences enzymatic stomach activity.

De que parte de Espana es usted?
Lo que quiero decir es que el uso de palabras significan el contenido (mas o menos) mientras lo que es, es cosa diferente! me entiendes?
yeniseri
Forum ÜberGuru

Postby miliox » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:05 pm

I'm from Granada, South Spain.
Do you speak Spanish?nice..
I understand what you mean, thanks, sometimes is difficult to use the correct word...
miliox
Forum Regular

Postby miliox » Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:01 pm

Well, I was thinking about one of the last comments related with the differences between the energy movement practising qigong and western sports, I realized that when we do qigong another kind of energy more subtle is flowing, this energy may be is not flowing when doing weighlifting for example because joints and muscles are under high tension.
May be when we make western exercise, blood and some kind of Qi is flowing but may be not another kind of Qi, isnt???
What do you think about it?? may be this is a important different between both exercises.

Thanks
miliox
Forum Regular

Postby yeniseri » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:44 am

In my own view, the energy is the same!

The yangshen(g) view seems to go beyond big muscles or heavy breathing but allows for self cultivation and development, and as an extension, longevity.
They both have benefit (western exercie and qigong) but the qigong/yangshen(g) regimen allows you to make it a longer part of life.
It may be that purposeful activity may be more valuable in the long run!

just a simple practitioner enjoying the taste of green tea and rum!
yeniseri
Forum ÜberGuru

Previous

Return to Qigong / Chi Kung