So much Qigong so little time...Help !

Discuss Qigong, its ideas, theories and practice. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

So much Qigong so little time...Help !

Postby Brad » Thu May 14, 2009 8:38 am

Hello, i am new to the forum and firstly would like to say it is truly encouraging to see so many people with ACTUAL knowledge, expressing and sharing thier thoughts in a posotive and humble way. If i may i would like to ask a question, i am looking at purchasing either the (essence of taji Qigong) or the (White Crane hard/soft Qigon), my question is which will better serve me in developing the kinda power i am actually looking for once i start the Yang Taijiqaun series from YMAA ? I have the book for (the essence of taiji Qigong) and like everything from YMAA its wonderful, but i guess im wondering if i dont do the (White Crane Qigong) i may be loosing out on developing the actual Martial power i want , dont know if that makes sense ? Also would like to get as much bang for time put in as can be gotten as far as health benifiets as well, any advice and guidance would be honestly appreciated..thank you in advance.
Brad
Forum User

Postby joeblast » Thu May 14, 2009 2:40 pm

Bottom line, as long as you're doing something...but really, either would suit the situation well and there will be plenty of overlapping areas. If you're thinking of taijiquan, I'd go for the taiji qigong :)
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Postby Brad » Thu May 14, 2009 8:49 pm

Thank you very much for your response, that makes pretty good sesne, after looking over the Taijiqaun DVDS, its says it offers the primary set for taiji Qigong and an introduction to Taiji Qiging, do you or anyone by chance know if the Qi Gong on the Taijiqaun series is enough to get a person going so that they wont just be doing the Taijiqaun movements in a superficial way ? Thanx again, really enjoying the forum.

Brad
Brad
Forum User

Postby joeblast » Fri May 15, 2009 8:00 am

Not having seen those DVDs I couldnt say with 100% certainty, but given my experience with Dr Yang's material, I'm pretty confident it will be covered sufficiently.
Its all intent - do these things with your awareness fully centered on what you are doing. In doing that you cultivate sensitivity. When that is done well it deepens the effect and meaning - and ultimately, the fruits of the practice you harvest :)
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Postby Brad » Fri May 15, 2009 1:20 pm

Thank You.
Brad
Forum User

Return to Qigong / Chi Kung