8 pieces Brocade and the 5 Tibetin Rites

Discuss Qigong, its ideas, theories and practice. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

8 pieces Brocade and the 5 Tibetin Rites

Postby Joe Shaer » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:49 am

A friend of mine suggested that I should try the 5 Tibetin Rites exercises. I don't know much about the 5 rites except that they stimulate the chakras in the body. Are chakras the same theory as chi? would it be harmful if I incorporate the 5 rites before or after doing the 8 piece brocade?

Thanks
Joe
Joe Shaer
Forum User

Postby yeniseri » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:15 pm

1. Chakras are specific psycho-physiological energy centres in certain parts of the mid central body and they relate to Ayurvda and yoga.
2. Qi generally permeates the universe (greater qi) while qi of body is lesser qi.
3. Stick to the methods associated with a specific art!
Prana may be a close proximation to qi.
yeniseri
Forum ÜberGuru

Postby Dvivid » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:52 am

The Five Rites are similar to qigong exercises. It doesn't matter if you do both of those sets in conjunction with one another.

Tibetan arts often refer to Indian concepts, such as chakras, because Tibet has a long history related to the Indian arts, and is a unique hybrid of Chinese and Indian systems.

The chakras relate to the Qigong concept of the 7 matching gates.

Prana is an india word meaning 'breath'. In practice, it relates to qi/energy, but it does not translate to 'energy'.

Prana Yama means Breath Control. Similar to qigong, these exercises result in increasing or adjusting the flow of energy in the body, and the breathing is a vital aspect of the practice.
"Avoid Prejudice, Be Objective in Your Judgement, Be Scientific, Be Logical and Make Sense, Do Not Ignore Prior Experience." - Dr. Yang

http://www.ymaa.com/publishing
Dvivid
Forum God

Return to Qigong / Chi Kung