Ming Men

Discuss Qigong, its ideas, theories and practice. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

Ming Men

Postby Presveti » Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:45 am

I am very confused about this. In Dr. Yang's book qigong for health and martial arts on page 71 it says that mingman is located between two shoulder blades. At the and of the book it says its between L2 and L3 vertebrae (as it is in acupuncture). What's the catch???? And what is the correct information????
Presveti
Forum Newbie

Re: Ming Men

Postby DEADLI. » Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:55 am

Hi,

Dr Yang is prone to the occasional slip-up.

Ming men/GV-4, is located between L2 and L3.

Why do you want to know, what are you planing to do with it?
DEADLI.
Forum Addict

Postby Presveti » Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:14 am

Thank you very much for quick answer. I need that information for the stimulation of ming men, so it works better. Stimulation via Falun Gong. Can that slip-ups, if someone doesnt notice them and do as it is written, be dangerous?
Presveti
Forum Newbie

Postby DEADLI. » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:36 am

It depends on the slip-up, and the actions that are to be undertaken under those instructions, as to whether the outcome could be dangerous.

What practice are you doing with Falun Gong that needs to stimulate mingmen, and how do you intend to stimulate it?

I have only heard of a short taiji set that the Falun gong practice.
DEADLI.
Forum Addict

Postby Presveti » Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:00 am

I don't know how to describe it. I'm not very good with english. Whan you practice Falun Gong for a longer period of time, an vibratory/energy structure begins to manifest in lower abdomen, between mingmen, tantien and huiyin. Especialy when someone is doing 3rd set of exercise, he should expirience a pressure in mingmen. And that is why I'm interested in that becoase I feel it in lumbar region L2-L3 and i wasn't sure if I feel it in the right place.

If I want to practice for exemple xi sui jing from dr. jangs book, how should I recognise slip-up so I wouldn't hurt myself?
Presveti
Forum Newbie

Postby DEADLI. » Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:22 pm

When i said Master Yang makes the occasional mistake, I meant just that, I was not implying that his works are littered with errors.

I don't practice Xi Sui Jing, so i can't help you there.

Be careful mixing different sets together that have very specific aims. Your Falun gong sets are obviously bringing about certain biological changes, you don't want to start confussing the issue by adding xisui jing, which no doubt will have it's own physical manifestations and possibly even work against your current qigong sets. One thing at a time in this case i think.
DEADLI.
Forum Addict

Re: Ming Men

Postby DEADLI. » Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:50 pm

DEADLI. wrote:
Dr Yang is prone to the occasional slip-up.

I apologise for this remark, on reflection it does seem a little rude.

Unfortunately though this is a good example of the zen proverb, 'Once a word enters the public domain, nine horses cannot drag it back.'

And exactly the kind of circumstanse Pythagoras was thinking of when he said, 'There is no taking back something you have already said or done, so be wary before that.'
DEADLI.
Forum Addict

Postby darth_freak » Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:25 am

in martial arts society, mingmen is between shoulderblades.
in Chinese medecine or Daosit socirey (i don't remember which) it's that gate in the lower back.
Same name, different meaning. I'm sure Master Yang says so it your book if you pay attention.
What i say is what i read in his taiji theory book...
"Turn your butt!"
Master Yang.

Xavier
darth_freak
Forum ÜberGuru

Postby DEADLI. » Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:28 am

In Dr Yangs book Qigong for health and martial arts he gives mingmen as an alternative name for Lingtai Gv-10, which isn't really between the shoulder blades, more at the base of them. Is this the cavity you got in taiji theory?
DEADLI.
Forum Addict

Postby darth_freak » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:32 pm

i think that's it. though i don't remember if it was in taiji theory or taiji secrets. Maybe in both...
"Turn your butt!"
Master Yang.

Xavier
darth_freak
Forum ÜberGuru

Postby Dvivid » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:48 am

Dr. Yang often mentions carefully that there are two cavities known as 'life door'. One can end your life, and the other can preserve your life...same name, different location and application.
"Avoid Prejudice, Be Objective in Your Judgement, Be Scientific, Be Logical and Make Sense, Do Not Ignore Prior Experience." - Dr. Yang

http://www.ymaa.com/publishing
Dvivid
Forum God

Return to Qigong / Chi Kung