White Crane Hard/Soft Qigong

Discuss Qigong, its ideas, theories and practice. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

White Crane Hard/Soft Qigong

Postby Grufty » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:36 am

I am considering buying this DVD and just wanted to ask a few questions about it before I did. Hopefully some of you will own this DVD or have at least seen it or study the forms and can answer questions about it.

I’ve read somewhere that there are two Hard forms and one Soft form. I would like to know if this is true and how long each of the forms last for. How long does it take to perform each of the forms?

Is there an order to practice these forms? Such as do a Hard form and then do a Soft form straight after to balance things out?

I may have more questions but these will do for now. If you have any other information that you think may be useful about these forms then I will be grateful for your help.

Thanks in advance…
Grufty
Forum Newbie

Postby Dvivid » Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:01 am

http://www.ymaa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4190&highlight=soft

Hi, soft qigong first, for 6 months, then hard.

The DVD is about 3 hours long, half and half.
"Avoid Prejudice, Be Objective in Your Judgement, Be Scientific, Be Logical and Make Sense, Do Not Ignore Prior Experience." - Dr. Yang

http://www.ymaa.com/publishing
Dvivid
Forum God

Postby Grufty » Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:17 am

Thanks for the info.

I’ve been training 8 Piece Brocades Qigong for about a year; would you advise that I still perform the White Crane Soft Qigong for 6 months before I start on the Hard Qigong or will my previous experience be sufficient?
Grufty
Forum Newbie

Postby darth_freak » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:31 am

if you do about 6 repetitions for each move it takes like 30min for the hard sets.
One is a fist set and the other, which is 95% the same is palm set.

The soft set can take quite a while if you do all the pieces. Can be about 90min I think.

And always do as much soft as you did hard.

regarding your question about one year of brocade, I don't know.
"Turn your butt!"
Master Yang.

Xavier
darth_freak
Forum ÜberGuru

Postby Dvivid » Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:01 am

Yes, do the Soft Crane first. If you learn the hard first, it can be difficult to learn to be soft...

You need softness and deep relaxation first to lead qi to the deep places in the body...
"Avoid Prejudice, Be Objective in Your Judgement, Be Scientific, Be Logical and Make Sense, Do Not Ignore Prior Experience." - Dr. Yang

http://www.ymaa.com/publishing
Dvivid
Forum God

Postby Grufty » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:41 pm

Thanks everyone for the info, its been helpful.

I think i'll just get the dvd and take it slow.

I was wondering though, if anyone can help. I know you're supposed to do as much soft as you've done hard to help keep your body balanced. I was wondering if you have to do the soft routine straight after?

Is it just a case of as long as you do soft sometime in the same day then it is ok or does it have to be a certain time after you've performed the hard qigong.

Basically, if I was to do hard in the morning before work and then soft after work (or the other way round), would that be ok?

Once again, thanks to everyone who has gave their help...
Grufty
Forum Newbie

Return to Qigong / Chi Kung