Mantak Chia coming to NYC

Discuss Qigong, its ideas, theories and practice. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

Mantak Chia coming to NYC

Postby Taoist » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:53 pm

Mantak Chia is coming to NYC during May and June , to do a workshop , on two EXTREMELY important subjects for people aspiring to reach enlightenment through the dao. Finding a good teacher in advanced qi cong is almost impossible , unless one where to go to China or really find somebody who knows(the chances of them teaching you are 1 in a million)in your area. I had always wanted to find a teacher and practice the various exercises(microcosmic orbit , brain/marrow washing , sexual practices). It is a sacred art , and I know there are people who trained with Mantak Chia and are instructors in "Healing Tao" , although I seriously doubt most of the people who learned this art , considering it takes a lot of dedication to master. I bought Mantak Chia's books , and tried to do the microcosmic orbit by myself, and had too much chi stagnated in the dan tian, and couldn't use the bathroom for a long time. I realized how dangerous the practices were without a competent instructor, and I was sort of angry at Mantak Chia for revealing this practices without much of a focus on "you could hurt yourself". He does warn you, but not to the full extent that Dr.Yang does(much respect Dr.yang). I understood that Mantak knows what he's doing , regardless of the all the complaints "book students" give out.
Has anybody ever been to one of his workshops , explain your experience. Do you think he gives out training plans to his students? I will be going , and if anybody has any questions that are worth asking I will forward it to him if I get a chance. If any of you guys practice the microcosmic orbit , or any type of advanced qi cong , advice is appreciated.
Taoist
Forum Newbie

Return to Qigong / Chi Kung