Third Eye and Astral Projection

Discuss Qigong, its ideas, theories and practice. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

Third Eye and Astral Projection

Postby jedimind » Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:34 pm

Im fairly new to Qigong and studying it as it correlates well with my current knowledge, im far more into the esoteric side of it and wondering if Dr. Yang, Jwing-Ming covers astral projection? Is it known as something else? As I have seen the third eye is heavily mentioned in Qigong and know it is one of the main aspects to projection, has anyone on here achieved this?

Thanks.
Peace.
jedimind
Forum User

Postby lilman » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:48 am

Depends on what you mean by astral travel. When I practice some of the qigongs we do I feel disconnected and once felt like I was leaving my body but it spooked me and the sensation went away.
lilman
Forum Guru

Postby Josh Young » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:25 am

I am curious what your goals are as far as third eye astral projection stuff is concerned? Why do it? How can it benefit your life or the lives of others?

Where is the location of this 3rd eye?
Why astral projection? Why not remote viewing or out of body travel instead of projecting into the "astral" plane?

Where is the astral plane and how can I test it's existence?
Josh Young
Forum DemiGod

Postby jedimind » Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:37 pm

lilman wrote:Depends on what you mean by astral travel. When I practice some of the qigongs we do I feel disconnected and once felt like I was leaving my body but it spooked me and the sensation went away.

Yes it 'spooks' a lot of people as your rational side of the brain kicks in, thats the sensation you have to try to get past and ignoor if you do wish to go further.
jedimind
Forum User

Postby jedimind » Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:29 pm

Josh Young wrote:I am curious what your goals are as far as third eye astral projection stuff is concerned? Why do it? How can it benefit your life or the lives of others?

Where is the location of this 3rd eye?
Why astral projection? Why not remote viewing or out of body travel instead of projecting into the "astral" plane?

Ok Josh, I did reply to this yesterday but I wrote so much the time past by and as I was posting I was logged off the site and lost the entire post,

First question(s) Why do it and how can it benefit me and others? -
I want to become a healer so this is a quick answer to the first section.

Where is the location of this 3rd eye?-
In my prior studies it is my belief the 3rd eye is actually also known as the pineal gland, will provide my evidence for this if you think its incorrect.

Why astral projection? Why not remote viewing or out of body travel instead of projecting into the "astral" plane?-
I believe there is great knowledge to be gained from accessing the astral realm as certain types of vibrational thought exist there and cannot be accessed in the 5 sense reality. Im also interestead in OBEs.

Once again from the research I have done, it seems the astral realm is the earth's chakra levels.Years ago, one quite amazing incident prooved to me it exists before I had any personal experiance of my own. I gave some simple directions to a friend of mine to try astral projection as he had never heard of it before but had the mental base to be able to deal with it, after a few goes he came back into work the next day and was VERY strange to beggin with, so i asked him 'whats wrong? ' he replied 'That was the strangest experiance ive ever had in my life', then went onto tell me the strange place he had visited in some part of the astral realm, he decribed it as a crystal forest with half fish-human beings living there. The thing that stunned me was when he started drawing what he had seen, he started to draw 7 circles inside eachother which represented these vibrational levels and another one including 7 vertical levels with different numbers of doorways to each level. I immediatley knew he wasnt lying to me as I had seen this many times before as depicted by thousends if not millions of people that have drawn what they had seen in the astral realm, plus I was the one who told him what 'astral projection' was and now hes the one telling me all about it? lol, the fact was he had done it before I had got anyware close and decribed the event in such detail it was amazing, the thing that reli 'took me back' so to speak,was I could physically see it had touched him on a deep level. I could go on and on about how I think each point space has infinate potential, if that is true then the astral realm inevitably exists. Native american indians also have techniques to do amazing things with the mind.

Peace.
jedimind
Forum User

Postby lilman » Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:58 pm

If your really interested in energy healing, just practice wuji qigong daily and do sun style taiji. Once your gbda get really warm, or cold, immediately during practice, you can do energy healing.
lilman
Forum Guru

Postby jedimind » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:41 pm

lilman wrote:If your really interested in energy healing, just practice wuji qigong daily and do sun style taiji. Once your gbda get really warm, or cold, immediately during practice, you can do energy healing.

Thanks, I will look into both of these.
jedimind
Forum User

Postby lilman » Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:49 am

There's secret transmissions and different ways to do energy healing, and secrets to wuji that aren't openly taught. When you feel your raft pm me, or send an email to [email protected]. Id be happy to help.
lilman
Forum Guru

Postby Dvivid » Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:37 am

Not to delve too deeply into non-qigong topics, but:

1. The third eye is located in the front of the forehead, in the center, above your eyes. The acupuncture point is called Yintang.

The pineal and pituitary glands are linked to the function of the third eye, but they are not the third eye.

The space between the third eye, and the glands in the center of the base of the brain, is a chamber between the two hemispheres of the brain, known in qigong as the 'spiritual valley'. This resonant chamber is where our brainwaves are emitted from.

2. The seven chakras in Indian yoga and Buddhism, correspond to the seven pairs of matching acupuncture gates in qigong, which correspond to the seven bands of fascia that wrap the body.

These esoteric energetic concepts are based on real physiological structures in the physical body.

3. I experimented in my youth with lucid dreaming and astral projection, and had some surprising experiences. I agree it is very cool, and has valid benefits. In your qigong practice, these are considered "branches and flowers" of practice. YMAA students are encouraged to focus instead on the root of your practice, building the energetic core and circulation in the 8 vessels and 12 primary channels. These phenomena of leaving the body, seeing auras, psychic powers, seeing through walls, etc will happen naturally on their own in due time during your practice, but they are diversions from the path of 'holding the center' while building the Qi to higher levels.

Remember, they say 'don't pay attention to the scenery.'

4. In order to really open the third eye, you need to have done the necessary preparation work of being able to hold the center mentally and energetically, so your concentration can be focused from the pineal gland forward toward the third eye into the smallest and most intense point.

As it is understood currently from a Western perspective, this focused concentration energizes the bone at the Yintang, which is piezoelectric semi-conductor material, to threshold voltage, at which point the bone switches from nonconductor to being a conductor, and energetically opens. That's why people SUDDENLY experience a burst of enlightenment. They say, once the third eye opens, it stays open. You need to be prepared at that point to deal with a great deal more information coming into your head, 24 hours a day.

Great energetic focus, along with the psychological preparation, are needed for it to be possible. Very few people in modern times have achieved this, despite what they may tell you. True enlightenment is extremely difficult to achieve. The word is thrown around nowadays disrespectfully, and out of context.

By ancient standards, the word 'enlightenment' means nothing short of omniscience. Oneness with all consciousness in the universe. Oneness with every sentient being, on every planet, in every solar system, in every galaxy. Complete awareness of the ultimate nature of reality.

I promise if anyone of us had attained this difficult achievement, we would probably not be chatting on a web forum.

I hope we can continue to humbly share our enthusiasm and experience in these endeavors without drifting too far into fantasy.
"Avoid Prejudice, Be Objective in Your Judgement, Be Scientific, Be Logical and Make Sense, Do Not Ignore Prior Experience." - Dr. Yang

http://www.ymaa.com/publishing
Dvivid
Forum God

Postby joeblast » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:39 am

Always nice and thorough, D :D

That's the very reason why I dont do things like AP, though I have been shown some methods...I've got more important things, prerequisites, if you will...to focus on :)
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Postby jedimind » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:52 pm

Thanks for the info Dvivid, Much respect for your thoughtfulness.
I have a lot to learn as im still young, im glad you reminded me to concentrate on the core aspects of Qigong.

I am fully aware that everything is infinate oneness, its nice to hear a Qigong practitioner confirm this as it shows I have found the correct teaching's to learn. Im about half way through 'The Root of Chinese Qigong' and its genius, its just confirming my so called 'own' belief system in a major way but tuning it to the correct path. Your third eye explanation was a pretty good example, untill you said this I thought it was only the pineal gland as it has many of the same internal parts as an eyeball, now I realise its just part of the mechanism. Chakra info appreciated too and hope I can rely on you if I have any questions on Qigong? Your clearly knowledgeable on this.
Many thanks.

Peace.
jedimind
Forum User

Postby Josh Young » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:13 am

In my experience the third eye is very close to where David places it in his description, the pineal being the crown chakra and part of the path of grand circulation which passes through both points.

I have lucid dreams now at almost every dream I recall, but seldom dream that I can recall. Mostly I just fly around and stuff, it is actually kind of silly and hard to navigate but fun at the same time.

I humbly disagree with the idea implicit in Davids post that enlightenment is akin to omniscience,it is my understanding that at no time will we transcend our humanity and attain to some other thing via some transformative process. Enlightenment is more innate and fundamental, it pertains to what we already have and are, it is for lack of better terms a means of transcending that which distracts us. One of the major lessons is that the ordinary is extra-ordinary and our original mind interacts with all that is in a way that our thought mind cannot fathom yet employs all the time.

There are two fundamental states of enlightenment partial and full, neither is related to the opening of gates or chakras or the third eye. Enlightenment is not had or attained, it is had by letting go of the distraction, this distraction is none other than what prevents us from realizing our oneness with all that exists. Where is the line between us and the universe after all? Where is the line between our will and our bodies? We are already one with the universe because the universe is one, however it is hidden by how overtly apparent it is like lost item in plain sight that you don't know you are missing.

There is a gate corresponding to the region of the third eye that is said to allow exiting in death where as leaving by other regions wipes out the memory according to specific but not by any means elaborate teachings that i am not able to disclose. This is opened and once opened cannot be shut but it is not the same as the opening of the region that facilitates grand circulation.

as interested as i am in much of these esoteric teachings, i am far more interested in demonstrably testable hypothesis and theories for kinetic wave physics of martial movement and interaction. Likewise with the biophysical and measurable effects of qigong as a conditioner for body and mind seem far more compelling to me than astral plane work.

Chop wood carry water, pay taxes, grocery shop, this is what humans who are one with the universe must do. This is but my humble and perhaps unenlightened opinion.
Josh Young
Forum DemiGod

Postby joeblast » Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:37 am

Its tough for people to speak of things of which they have no experience. I certainly dont have the depth of experience from which to speak authoritatively on this, but having been in somewhat close proximity to some people and some events, the full monty is right along the lines of D's post. But I dont want to say that anyone really knows fully what they're speaking of or not, because I sure dont have much more than a toehold on it :D The more ya know, the more ya know ya dont know, in a way hehehe.
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Postby lilman » Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:40 am

I do agre with your post Josh young.

The crown chakra once upened will not close, but it can be closed by someone else. Once its opened we communicate with a "universal" energy that allows phenomenon like predicting someones next movement and knowing what is about to happen. We have 3 bodies, which Dr yang mentions in his book. Physical, spiritual, and qi bodies. Both need the qi body to survive, and we strengthen the qi body so the spiritual body can survive without the physical body. When you reach a certain stage, Dr yang even says you got p leave your physical body and travel. Like a kid leaving their parents short distances, then further and further. Dvicid' you say that spirit travel is focusing on leaves and stems, not the root, but if you only focus on your root, how can you ever hope to progress? If you focus 100 years focusing on strengthening your qi, it may be too late to explore spirit travel when its time. However, you can cultivate the root and the leaves and branches at the same time, for quicker results. But no matter how much you practice, you have to return to your roots. There's a lot of stories of the immortals practicubh spirit travel, and you cannot hope to reach immortality or escape the cycle of reincarnation without it. I do not wish to become an immortal or escape the cycle, using it to prove a point, but I would enjoy the experience and would like to experience the benefits of the practice.

But everyones practice and experience is different. Maybe down the road ill tell a completely different tale.
lilman
Forum Guru

Return to Qigong / Chi Kung