Beginners feeling

Discuss Qigong, its ideas, theories and practice. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

Beginners feeling

Postby Reave » Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:47 am

As a newbie to Qigong and Tai Chi I have a question about the feeling I get when practising. Recently when practising Tai Chi the centre of my palms on both hands gets very warm, also when doing Qigong I notice the small of my back just around the tail bone area gets a pleasant tingling sensation. So I guess my question is is this normal?
Reave
Forum Newbie

Postby joeblast » Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:40 pm

Quite!
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Postby Ralteria » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:12 pm

Hey Moderators!!!! No offense to Reave, but with the frequency of this question/type of question might it make sense to have a Sticky message of some sort in the Qigong section? Just a suggestion
Caution...Wisdom may cause bruising.
Ralteria
Forum Addict

Postby Reave » Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:03 am

I think Ralteria is right.

We all have to start somewhere and at the beginning may be asking what are often considered "obvious" questions. Perhaps a Sticky message in the forum with some of the more frequent questions and their answers woulkd be a great idea :)
Reave
Forum Newbie

Postby joeblast » Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:20 am

Personally, I dont think its a big deal. Not a ton of traffic here at the moment anyway, and its not like these questions get asked that often to the point where it becomes tiring to answer. People usually wind up having specific questions relating to their own practice as well, so in this moderate-low traffic setting, it works allright. If anything, sticky a reminder to use the Search function :lol:
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Postby Ralteria » Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:57 pm

joeblast wrote: If anything, sticky a reminder to use the Search function :lol:

I'll second that.
Caution...Wisdom may cause bruising.
Ralteria
Forum Addict

Postby Dvivid » Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:41 am

Joe: true.

Reave: Good to hear you're feeling it.

Two points: 1.if you hold your mind in the palms, qi gets stuck in the palms. So, yes its good you feel it, but extend your mind BEYOND the palms to continue opening your circulation.

2. when you feel the tailbone, don't hold your mind there. The tailbone is one of the tricky gates, where qi often gets stuck. If you hold your mind there, qi gathers there and gets further stagnated. When you have that feeling, bring your mind up to the kidney area, or all the way up to dazhui, which is the point up along your spine at the base of the neck in line with your arms (if they were outstretched).

Hope this helps,
David
"Avoid Prejudice, Be Objective in Your Judgement, Be Scientific, Be Logical and Make Sense, Do Not Ignore Prior Experience." - Dr. Yang

http://www.ymaa.com/publishing
Dvivid
Forum God

Postby Reave » Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:08 am

Dvivid
Thanks for your reply and advice. I will try as you have suggested.
Reave
Forum Newbie

Return to Qigong / Chi Kung