Outdoor Enery Work

Discuss Qigong, its ideas, theories and practice. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

Outdoor Enery Work

Postby DEADLI. » Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:22 pm

Hi Guys,

I have experianced in the past certain negative effects from doing Qigong outside on cold and windy days. Like a feeling of being drained instead of energized after finishing the exercises. Is it possible the wind could have dispersed energy sitting on the surface of the body, or tampered in some other way.
A guy i know who teaches Taiji said he experianced a similar feeling under these same conditions.

Any light anyone could throw on this for me would be much appreciated.
DEADLI.
Forum Addict

Postby joeblast » Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:39 pm

If you're going to get any sort of exercise when its cold and windy out, better make it something vigorous :) You dont want to disperse heat and qi that you build up through practice...just like you dont want to drink a glass of cold water after qigong...
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Postby DEADLI. » Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:08 pm

I noticed that. After doing some Qigong i had some cool water, and it was like my lungs totally froze, and i couldn't catch my breath. Since then i have been abiding by the ayurvedic principle of only warm water.
DEADLI.
Forum Addict

Postby Dvivid » Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:09 pm

Yes, don't practice outside when it is cold or windy, or very hot for that matter.

You should understand this concept of avoiding 'external pathogens' before experimenting with qigong.
"Avoid Prejudice, Be Objective in Your Judgement, Be Scientific, Be Logical and Make Sense, Do Not Ignore Prior Experience." - Dr. Yang

http://www.ymaa.com/publishing
Dvivid
Forum God

Postby DEADLI. » Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:14 pm

Thanx for the advice.

I have been hold up all winter practicing inside to avoid our British winter.
Roll on spring 8)
DEADLI.
Forum Addict

Postby joeblast » Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:17 am

...unless you're doing something like tummo, of course...then by all means, go melt a pile of snow :lol:
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Return to Qigong / Chi Kung