qi, refining and converting

Discuss Qigong, its ideas, theories and practice. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

qi, refining and converting

Postby garymthetford » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:04 pm

Can I check if my understanding is correct. I have been reading qigong meditaion small circulation and secret of youth.

Refining the essence into qi

ie swallow breathing, mix kan and li at the huang ting then lower it to energize the genitals 100 days

Purifying and converting qi into shen

Move the stored qi up the thrusting channel to the huang ting and brain. (brain washing)

Is bone marrow washing a part of this step?
If it is which comes first brain or marrow washing? Or does it just depend upon your goal, whether its spiritual/ martial.

I have read in another book saying that bone marrow washing can also centre on the huang ting.

Thanking you in advance

Gary
garymthetford
Forum Contributor

Postby joeblast » Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:42 pm

Its tough having books like these available where you are able to theoretically skip arbitrarily ahead. Knowing too much can create expectations that can potentially limit you when you actually encounter experiences. Ponder your own level of practice, combine that experiential understanding with the theoretical understanding from the ground up, and then calmly and objectively extrapolate - what does your intuition tell you?
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Postby Dvivid » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:25 am

bone marrow washing can also centre on the huang ting.

No. There is no bone marrow in the center of your body cavity. The huang ting is located in the core of your body, in front of the kidneys, underneath the diaphragm, above the intestines.

First things first. I recommend just conserving and building Qi for a few months in the dan tian. If you achieve that, you're already ahead of 99% of qigong people nowadays. THEN you move up to the huang ting, OR just begin to lead it up into the brain through the spine if you feel that you are ready.
"Avoid Prejudice, Be Objective in Your Judgement, Be Scientific, Be Logical and Make Sense, Do Not Ignore Prior Experience." - Dr. Yang

http://www.ymaa.com/publishing
Dvivid
Forum God

Return to Qigong / Chi Kung