Standing Qigong Theory

Discuss Qigong, its ideas, theories and practice. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

Standing Qigong Theory

Postby miliox » Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:26 am

Hi guys,

I have been practicing differents qigong styles for 3 years, lately I am practicing standing qigong and I feel that I can obtain a lot of energy, I am looking for the theoretical explanation of the mechanisms involved in the generation of such energy.

Isotonic contraction of legs muscles is able to release energy??
Sexual energy which is kept at the legs is released??

I have read severals books of stading qigong but there are not complete explanation about what happen...

I hope I have explained it well
Many thanks
miliox
Forum Regular

Postby joeblast » Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:31 pm

Standing is an excellent way to build energy. I try to get standing in before I do my spontaneous qigong, it really makes a difference.

I dont think isotonic is an accurate term though - that implies a different sort of muscle contraction. isometric is "pitting one muscle or part of the body against another or against an immovable object in a strong but motionless action" in this case, the earth.
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Postby miliox » Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:59 pm

Thanks for you comment,
then, do you think that isometric muscle contaction is the main cause implicated at the energy building by Standing Qigong??

I also practice a style of spontaneous movement named Katsugen, it is coming from some Japanese martial arts like Aikido, however after do it I feel that I have lost a lot of energy, I think that body spontaneous movements requires a lot of energy, after do it you feel very relax, of course, but similary as if you go to run, it is because you lost a lot of energy.
For this reason I am thinking that probably spontaneous movement is not good method if you want keep energy in your body, could you give your opinion??

Thank you very much.
Emilio
miliox
Forum Regular

Postby joeblast » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:45 pm

Its more structural & energy alignment than anything else. While there is some amount of static contraction happening, its not a dominant factor, or the point of standing. When you are structurally aligned, energy flows more freely.

Regarding energy, I'm not familiar with katsugen, so I'm not sure what the specifics of it are, or what its aim is. The stuff I do is a sort of opening up to a particular vibration/energy/current, and the spontaneity of it is akin to an overpressurized garden hose flailing about; the cessation of spontaneous movement is a 'return to normal pressure' so to speak. I dont feel drained or depleted whatsoever after my spontaneous sessions. Its a good way to balance energy, imho.
That said, a particularly powerful session can leave you feeling a little tired, like when I go and see my 'teacher' and have a long session - but, he insists its not his energy, but the universe's...he just knows how to attune himself better to it.
Ya have to spend money in order to make money, right? :D
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Postby miliox » Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:33 am

Yes, energy flow freely when you are aligned, however if you are watching TV (for example) I`m sure you neither feel nor build energy, then I think the most important factor for build energy is the concentration, the mind, isn`t? ...but difficult to demostrate scientifically...
:roll:
miliox
Forum Regular

Postby joeblast » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:12 am

hahaha yes, I kinda assumed having one's mind in the right place for practice was a given. quite important!! I dont own a tv, no such distractions for me :)
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Postby miliox » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:08 pm

joeblast, what do you think about the heaven and earth energy flowing throught your body standing in the Zhang Zhuang position??, I read something about it, it looks like reiki concept, isnt? too much mistic???
Thanks
miliox
Forum Regular

Postby joeblast » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:30 am

We are constantly bathed in a multitude of energy fields...with dedicated practice, you can become more aware of such subtleties. I myself am not super sensitive...but like a very wise taiji guy I know once said, 'you're not any more or less sensitive than I...it is simply a matter of being aware.' Which can be a confusing concept when one isnt aware of what one isnt aware of :lol:

As far as reiki goes, a close buddhist friend of mine completed all 3 levels of reiki, just to understand what it was...and once he discovered the root of it, he tore his certifications up. I would not allow anyone to do reiki on me, that's all I'll say on the matter.

For a more readily comprehensible concept, one thing I discovered how to do is more efficiently draw in heat through the laogongs, that's a nice unsubtle way to expose oneself to an energy field. You just need a fire or other good heat source like the heat vent on your car perhaps. Hold the hands up and inhale/sip the heat through the laogong cavities and the heat travels up the channel, virtually disappearing at the sea (he point) and then reappears, joined from both sides at the shen dao t5 point (for me when that happens the is a shuddering equalization of heat and after a few reps it makes one nice and toasty.) Kinda like the (tail end) reverse of how John Chang employs yin yang gong ;)

To begin becoming aware of more subtle things, sit in stillness. Quiet the breath until you are only breathing with the dan tien, no turbulence. Practice sincerely every day, and things will manifest of their own accord :)
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Return to Qigong / Chi Kung