Kundalini & Small/Grand Circulation.

Discuss Qigong, its ideas, theories and practice. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

Kundalini & Small/Grand Circulation.

Postby Sethontus » Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:03 pm

I have a question for those of you out there who perform meditation techniques. I wish to know if Small/Grand Circulation taught in the Taoist practices, especially those taught by Dr. Yang, is it the same as that of Kundalini yogic practices?
Sethontus
Forum Newbie

Postby Dvivid » Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:58 am

Not exactly the same, but certainly related.

In small circulation, we deliberately circulate energy up the back and down the front of the body. In the yogic tradition, kundalini should rise on its own; you should not try to force it.

I think the commonly-shared experience of the kundalini (coiling energy) suddenly bursting through, rising up the back, entering the brain with lots of fireworks, bells and whistles, is akin to having a breakthrough in small circulation in which your energy fully opens the "tricky gates" in the sacrum.

In both cases, we should not try to make it happen - just practice regularly and as your energy increases and the meridians gradually widen, this likely will happen for you naturally once the soft tissues are conditioned to circulate more abundant energy safely.

Forcing too much energy up the back in the governing vessel, or worse: inside the spine, is very dangerous. That is the most crucial warning given by all qigong masters.

This book is great:

http://www.amazon.com/Kundalini-Evolution-Enlightenment-Omega-Book/dp/1557783039
"Avoid Prejudice, Be Objective in Your Judgement, Be Scientific, Be Logical and Make Sense, Do Not Ignore Prior Experience." - Dr. Yang

http://www.ymaa.com/publishing
Dvivid
Forum God

Return to Qigong / Chi Kung