Massage and Exercises after Meditation

Discuss Qigong, its ideas, theories and practice. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

Massage and Exercises after Meditation

Postby fomenko » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:05 am

There are Massage and Exercises after Meditation sets in the book «Qigong for health and martial arts». 2-end edition. As I understand all forms left-right symmetrical.
Questions
1.In Massage set Figure 3-43 (massaging Laogong cavity). Which palm student must to start massage first left or right?
2.In Massage set Figure 3-46 (massaging Yongquan cavity). Which foot student must to start massage first left or right?
3.In Exercises set Figure 3-47. In which side student must to start execute exercise left or right?
4.In Exercises set Figure 3-48. In which side student must to start execute exercise left or right?

5.What is the correct way to breath during exersises
a)Figure 3-47 . When rotate neck to the side student must to inhale or exhale?
b)Figure 3-48 When rotate body to the side student must to inhale or exhale?
c) Figure 3-49 When exhale and when inhale?
d)Figure 3-50 When exhale and when inhale?
i) Figure 3-51 When exhale and when inhale?
f) Figure 3-52 When exhale and when inhale?
g)Figure 3-53 When exhale and when inhale?
h)Figure 3-54 When exhale and when inhale?
6.What the pattern of the breathing during exercises? Small Circulation?
It is possible to coordinate movements with One Breath Cycle Small Circulation. (Figure 3-8 p. 80). But how coordinate movements with Two Breath Cycle (Figure 3-8)? Is it possible? Student starts learning Two Breath Cycle first. I am on this stage? Or execute exercises without coordination?
fomenko
Forum Newbie

Postby clairvoyager » Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:18 am

As for exercises to recover from meditation, it does not really matter which side first, what breath, etc. The purpose is to bring yourself back to normal awareness from a deep meditative state so that you don't get "locked" into inappropriate states.

In fact, as I understand it, you may change the number of exercises and/or repetitions, and add your own, in general do whatever feels good to be doing, stretching, massaging, yawning, singing, whatever.

As for small circulation, there is a book specifically about this subject. Since it has its inherent dangers, I recommend you get the book and progress gradually, with several months of consistent practice of embrionic breathing before moving onto small circulation.

Good luck with the practice.
clairvoyager
Forum Contributor

Postby joeblast » Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:15 am

the two breath method should be employed before the one breath method.

does anyone around here have solid experience with small circulation though? I've seen a lot of accounts that claim that contriving the small circulation is backward and inefficient and should be done naturally through stillness before any active intent can properly be added. personally I am still working on other practices and dont do SC, so I dont have much depth of experience on this one.
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Return to Qigong / Chi Kung