Chan Wu Ying Qigong

Discuss Qigong, its ideas, theories and practice. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

Chan Wu Ying Qigong

Postby chanwugongfu » Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:30 am

Qi gong is known throughout most of the world as a practice of internal/external exercises that benefit an individual’s San Bao (three Gems). The three gems as referred to in the Chinese language are: Jing, Qi and Shen or when translated into English are referred to as Essence, Vital Breath and Spirit. They are also thought of as the three universal forces that are reflected in humans and are essential to our existence.

The fundamental aim of practice is to achieve long life by preserving and nurturing these three gems with various techniques that centre on the three main principles of regulating the body. The body can be regulated through posture, respiration and the mind through meditation and non-attachment (avoiding disturbances and worry etc). In addition there must be a regulation of diet and the time of day to practice. Careful regulation will ensure the three gems are preserved and are not dissipated keeping the body pure, which in turn prevents or slows the decline into old age and death.

For both religious and health purposes it was necessary to exercise or refine the three gems to make them stronger and purer. This is accomplished with daily practice of exercises that lead the Qi around the body with the mind. This takes a great deal of practice and it should be done under the instruction of a qualified Master of Qigong.

There are many exercises that have been developed and taught and they all can lead you to a stronger and more healthful life. One such exercise is called the Standing Pole and resembles a Mabu or horse stance. It is a very simple and basic stance that is observed in basic gong of Shaolin Gongfu, Taijiquan and many different martial arts systems. It stems from both a Taoist and Buddhist origin and has immense benefits if done properly and with diligence.

www.chanwugongfu.com
I have reduced my fees for training by half as my contribution
towards helping others who wish to train. With the olympics here
now ready to begin many people will have the chance and opportunity
to see shaolin gongfu.
chanwugongfu
Forum Newbie

Postby lilman » Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:48 am

:) Hi, I just had a question on some of the wording you had on your post, just for clarification:

"For both religious and health purposes it was necessary to exercise or refine the three gems to make them stronger and purer. This is accomplished with daily practice of exercises that lead the Qi around the body with the mind. This takes a great deal of practice and it should be done under the instruction of a qualified Master of Qigong."

I am still learning Qigong and Taijiquan, but a recent breakthrough I had with my current teacher forces me to ask, why as a Qigong master do you feel the need to "lead" the Qi around the body? And if that is so important how do you "lead" the Qi when practicing Standing On Stake? Please see my last post on "Another Question about Embryonic Breathing" in this Qigong Forum...

PS I do apologize if this post seems rude or challenging, it is not my intent. Im just trying to understand what your referring to, and hope you view that post Im referring to, to see my position on the subject.
lilman
Forum Guru

Return to Qigong / Chi Kung