8 brocade sitting and standing

Discuss Qigong, its ideas, theories and practice. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

8 brocade sitting and standing

Postby ajg » Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:37 am

dear friends,
i'm sorry if this is an obvious question of if i have posted it in the wrong place. (first post....)
i have purchased the 8 brocade dvd and would like to practice both the seated and the standing set. i like the seated set for when i first wake up in the morning and have begun to practice it. after finishing the seated set, i usually have sitting meditation, and a little bit after that i would like to practice the standing set as a morning routine, a little more than an hour or so after having completed the seated set.

do you think that this is too much or too close together? i have the space and schedule to be able to practice both every day pretty consistently, though sometimes the standing set would have to be shifted to the afternoon or evening.

basically, i know that if i do the seated set, i can be consistent with it and have qi gong practice each day, but i don't want to be limited by it if it means that i shouldn't practice the standing set, which seems to be more beneficial.

thanks for your insight and experience.
all the best,
a
ajg
Just Arrived

Postby lilman » Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:52 am

Personally I think thats great. I would suggest doing exactly what your doing. Not a lot of people have that much time to dedicate, and if your doing it daily, thats great. I havent seen the DVD but if you dont already do it, I would suggest starting your morning sitting routine with 5 to 15 minutes sitting meditation and close your nighttime routine with the same. If you cant do the nightime routine, and the 2nd standing set is not around noon time, skip the 2nd sitting meditation. As long as you stay with the morning routine daily. And if your not already doing it, I would try to adjust your ba dua jin until theres no muscle tension whatsoever. If there is Qi is stagnating, so try to work out the kinks until you can do all the movements relaxed as possible. Relaxation is the key. ;)
lilman
Forum Guru

Return to Qigong / Chi Kung