Peptic Ulcer Disease

Discuss Qigong, its ideas, theories and practice. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

Peptic Ulcer Disease

Postby JPM » Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:40 pm

Does any one have any actual experience with approaches to this condition.

I have suffered horribly with this disease. I practice qi gong daily and have for the past 10 years except for a six month period of time during which the ulcer started. My practice is the best part of any day in terms of how the body feels. Any suggestions as to qi gong strategies would be appreciated.
Thnks

JPM
JPM
Just Arrived

Postby joeblast » Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:20 pm

No direct experience...but the general things to avoid I'm sure you already have heard; keep away from alcohol, cigarettes, take it easy on stuff like advil. Ever learned the 6 healing sounds exercise? I've had good results with the practice.

Do you know what the cause of it was? (h.pylori bacterium, nsaids, family history, kidney/lung diseases, etc.)
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Re: Peptic Ulcer Disease

Postby yeniseri » Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:01 pm

JPM wrote:Does any one have any actual experience with approaches to this condition.

I have suffered horribly with this disease. I practice qi gong daily and have for the past 10 years except for a six month period of time during which the ulcer started. My practice is the best part of any day in terms of how the body feels. Any suggestions as to qi gong strategies would be appreciated.
Thnks
JPM

What type of qigong do you use?
If h.pylori related, then there are present therapies to eradicate the organism.
Anything similar to fangsonggong (breathing relaxing exercise) is good along with staying away from foods that can aggravate the condition according to your family health professional.
yeniseri
Forum ÜberGuru

Postby penglai » Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:25 pm

JPM-

If you haven't already, and if you're near a good Traditional Chinese Medicine practitioner, then you might want to get their take on the peptic ulcer. That way you'd know better how to modify your qigong practice from an energy perspective. (For example if they say it's a problem with liver qi stagnation, then you could focus on freeing up liver qi with Four Season's qigong, etc.) Different causes would give you different strategies for modifying your qigong.

I've had excellent results with TCM for digestive problems—but it's been mostly herbal therapy. In my case, my TCM doctor encouraged my qigong, but said the herbal therapy would give quicker results. The idea was get rid of the main stagnation with herbs, then allow the qigong to continue and maintain the improvement.

Just some thoughts- pl
penglai
Forum User

Return to Qigong / Chi Kung