Where to begin?

Discuss Qigong, its ideas, theories and practice. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

Where to begin?

Postby Rafael » Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:18 am

Hi
Today i was glad to receive in the mail the following DVDs which i ordered:

Understanding qigong 1- 6
Eight brocades
Qigong massage

I'd be glad to receive your recommendations on listening/practice program.

For many years i have a certain kind of fatigue and low energy symptoms which begin in the morning (having difficulty to get out of bed).
Then usually i'll need some coffee and suger to keep my concentration at an operating level which i find quite bothersome because for me it signifies the beginning of an unwanted dependency in which i have to rely on external unhealthy stimulants instead of my own internal energy.

I was hoping the above DVDs will help me develop more energy and focus.

Any suggestion/experience sharing will be greatly appreciated..

Thanks
Rafael
Rafael
Forum User

Postby Dvivid » Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:26 am

Hi

Practice the standing Eight Brocades every day. Once you learn it, add more repetitions.

Sleep 8 hours a night. Drink a lot of water. Don't eat unnatural foods. Eat LIVE food. Live food has living cells. Remember that the amount of energy you can generate is directly proportional to the amount of oxygen you take in. Breathe slowly and deeply, all day every day. Don't get stressed. Every time you are even moderately stressed, your body becomes depressed, your immunity goes down, and you will feel weaker.

Try doing a full body qigong massage along with Dr Yang's instruction, a couple times a week to assist your circulation and dissolve stagnation.

Enjoy your practice!
David Silver
"Avoid Prejudice, Be Objective in Your Judgement, Be Scientific, Be Logical and Make Sense, Do Not Ignore Prior Experience." - Dr. Yang

http://www.ymaa.com/publishing
Dvivid
Forum God

Postby lilman » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:55 am

:-) I've had a similar issue. When I was in the military I would sleep in through my alarm almost every day, and was tired and sluggish all the time. I drank a lot of coffee and Dr. Pepper to stay awake during work and sometimes that didnt even help. I was a sugar/junkfood addict and was getting in a lot of trouble because of it.

After a while, I realized why I was having the issue and made a change to my diet. I started eating more fruits instead of chocolate, and a lil more healthy meals. Maybe a candy bar a day and pizza or burgers a couple days a week, and started taking Korean Ginseng for energy. I also started learning a Taiji form. Since then I wasnt late again. Now Im out of the military and continue my practice.

The first form I learned was a Chen style, but I didnt really like it, plus I had injured knees so the stamping didnt help, and then I learned the 108 movement yang long form. Then Qigong and meditation. I found that if I meditate 20 minutes a day, do the Qigong and the form in the morning I have a LOT more energy during the day. Then I sometimes do Qigong and sitting meditation before bed too, and thats an even greater boost.

When I have trouble getting out of bed, will power is a huge factor. Sometimes taking a few deep energizing breaths, and stretching in bed helps a lot. Then Stretch and practice your meditation and Qigong. Korean Ginseng, if taken right will work wonders for you Qi and energy levels as well. :-) Hope this helps.
lilman
Forum Guru

Postby Dvivid » Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:56 pm

Ginseng works, but guys shouldn't use it until you're in your 40's, or you'll use up all your goods early in life...

Maintain your vitality with natural means until you need a boost from ginseng later in life...

Also:
http://www.amazon.com/Sugar-Blues-William-Dufty/dp/0446343129/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1204844096&sr=1-1
"Avoid Prejudice, Be Objective in Your Judgement, Be Scientific, Be Logical and Make Sense, Do Not Ignore Prior Experience." - Dr. Yang

Dvivid
Forum God

Postby lilman » Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:06 am

Wow Dvivid. I've never heard of that before. So why is it you would use up all your goods early in life? Im not that up on herbology...
lilman
Forum Guru

Postby Dvivid » Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:47 am

It boosts your Yang, and makes you horny, and your manifest your essence more quickly than is natural. (modern definition - it kicks your hormone production into overdrive, and tires your glands out too soon)

Dr. Yang gave us this advice to wait until 40's before using ginseng, it is powerful. Good for women at all ages though...

Dvivid
Forum God

Postby lilman » Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:32 am

Wow... Crazy. Never heard that before. Maybe I should rethink taking ginseng... Anything else you can suggest taking for energy? or should I just start every day out with just my Qigong/Taiji sessions and no extra boost?
lilman
Forum Guru

Postby Dvivid » Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:51 am

Use your brain for a boost. its all in there...

Dvivid
Forum God

Postby joeblast » Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:57 pm

run, walk, elliptical, bike, lift weights...yang based exercise does it! :)
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Return to Qigong / Chi Kung