confused...

Discuss Qigong, its ideas, theories and practice. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

Postby lilman » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:30 am

I definately agree. I have never felt the Qi expand through the Girdle Vessel before like that until I started this practice. Ive experienced skin breathing before, but nothing that strongly. I only have one concern which I either havent got to yet in the book, Or just missed or didnt understand. Its about sex and embryonic breathing. Im aware when a male ejaculates they loose about 40% of the Qi in their bodies through legs. But there are Daoist practices that can still give you the male orgasm with no loss of semen. The concern is other postings in this forum say that practice may be unsafe, and in Dr. Yang's book it is appearantly completely against sex during EB. But then in The Root of Chinese Qigong, it says it is safe for a young man to have sex oncee every 3 or 4 days with ejaculation. Should you practice 100 days of building your root with EB and become celebate for that time frame? Will it completely destroy your practice if you dont? Will it improve your practice if you practice semen retention and use dual cultivation techniques? What about the Yi Jin Jing "Sexercises"? What about after you start small circulation training? It says once you start small circulation you should have no fear of loss. I am still young and sex is an important part of my life... Can anyone on this forum assist me with my concerns? Or should I just give it up for the time being?
lilman
Forum Guru

Postby joeblast » Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:32 pm

sexual practices require foundational practices to be achieved first. if you rush through the foundational exercises without learning them properly and giving them their requisite time because you want to achieve a non ejaculatory orgasm, then you will never get there and will likely hurt yourself in the process.

100 days is generally the time it takes to completely fill the resivoir, basically the time it takes for your body to 'switch gears,' as it were, to where the body is beginning to put less emphasis on generation of fluid and using your core energy elsewhere. building the root will happen more quickly and efficiently with 100 days. it wont completely destroy your practice if you dont, but it does slow your progress.

check out www.alchemicaltaoism.com and there are some good links with respect to this subject, also some good words of caution.
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Postby lilman » Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:19 am

Thank you for the information, I will definately take that into heart in my training. :-)
lilman
Forum Guru

Previous

Return to Qigong / Chi Kung