looking for help

Discuss Qigong, its ideas, theories and practice. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

looking for help

Postby tgo » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:40 pm

hello,

I live in Indianapolis, and have come across this website. I have also been practicing QiGong under my own research and feel that I should look for some guidance. I realize this school does not have any ties to Indianapolis, but possibly someone may know of a good place to look. Thus far, the internet has not provided (I think) what I am looking for, and I realize that the net is probably not the place to find counsel of this nature, but hey, it's 2008.
Any comments are appreciated,

thank you, tgo
tgo
Forum Newbie

Postby Inga » Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:07 pm

Hello tgo

Welcome to the forum. Indeed there are many here who may be able to help you. Master Yang has many publications in various formats which may assist you, and if we know what you are looking for, we can help find the right match for you. Of course you are welcome to ask questions regarding your training to our readership. I suggest you make the posts as specific as possible in order to get the most help. There are many experienced and talented students and instructors here, so I am sure you will get some feedback. Good luck with your progress!

Inga
Ancora Imparo
Inga
Admin

well then,

Postby tgo » Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:37 pm

hello Inga, and any who read this,

i guess to be more specific, i am most interested in the teachings of the Tao Te Ching (and others), and have been seeking these things on my own my entire life. i have found teachers in everyone i have met. though the past few years things have become more complicated, and I am finding it difficult to establish the way. I have come to QiGong as the next step, as my meditations now seem to have a purpose. so now i'm not sure where to go to find someone who can help me understand not only the physical aspect of the exercises, but also the meditative path necessary to understand myself. So now maybe you understand why i feel somewhat complacent coming here for help. I feel like this is a person that I will just somehow necessarily come in contact with, but you know, I'm human. Anyway, thanks for any comments. tgo
tgo
Forum Newbie

Postby lilman » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:47 pm

Hello tgo.

I am also in an area with no ties to YMAA and I have a Taiji teacher that is very good, but teaches Taichi backwards, from external to internal instead of vice versa. Luckily due to Dr. Yang's books I know the difference and a lot of different Qigong forms. there are millions of different Qigong forms and techniques. If your interested I would sugggest a book from Dr. Yang called The Root of Chinese Qigong. It gives an explanation of the theory behind Qigong and a description of different styles and practices. When you decide which way is right for you, then I would suggest further research. Its always nice to have someplace to ask questions though where you know you'll get reliable answers too.
lilman
Forum Guru

Return to Qigong / Chi Kung