CHI KUNG FOR KIDS

Discuss Qigong, its ideas, theories and practice. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

CHI KUNG FOR KIDS

Postby fatima » Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:26 pm

hi i really enjoy practice chi kung so i would love to do with my kids and their frie :) nds for fun does someone know a book where i can get some tips about.
fatima
Forum Newbie

Postby Dvivid » Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:24 am

"Avoid Prejudice, Be Objective in Your Judgement, Be Scientific, Be Logical and Make Sense, Do Not Ignore Prior Experience." - Dr. Yang

http://www.ymaa.com/publishing
Dvivid
Forum God

Postby ccarlow » Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:49 am

There are different types of Qi Gong. Some Qi Gong requires a focused mind that most children have not developed. Meditation may be a word often used with these styles. It requires patience, a virtue that can prove to be difficult even for some adults.

A more physical style of Qi Gong that has less emphasis mentally and more emphasis physically with physical movement might be best. As the child gets older this will change as well. They may get bored and lose interest with styles that are too slow or that have very little movement.

As describe above in another reply, children are growing and their energy is expanding so you want to encourage this growth with outward movement. Some forms of Qi Gong may emphasis a countering inward movement. Often children are lead to practice hard styles of martial arts to develop their body and mental focus. As they become young adults they enter into Qi Gong training.

I can't answer your question on suggesting a particular book but perhaps you can use some of the guidelines above to help you find a good source.

Good luck,

Chris Carlow
Doctor Needles
ccarlow
Forum Newbie

Return to Qigong / Chi Kung