incompatible qi gong systems

Discuss Qigong, its ideas, theories and practice. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

Postby angryboy » Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:12 pm

From my experience of exercising Qi Gong- some peoples say "no visualisation or imagination -only real fealing or sensing" (but in classics it is said that the senses and feelings "lie" also..), other Tao-uses visualisation formulas and work with senses in organs--- in last time for me it is hard too see the colors in organs and the senses are oft very bad: there is oft only such stupid sense... According to work with emotions in five organs -it is negative emotions, problem in some organs. To jump from one system to other without finisched result take your time, but brings no positive feedback regading your position in life?
looking for something, that i don't know ald looking for my errors in past. thanks for corrections!
angryboy
Forum Addict

Postby joeblast » Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:53 am

imho, you need to start by bringing yourself to the most relaxed and thoughtless state where there is only feeling. experience what wuji means. it provides a context, a reference frame, for all of this other stuff. it takes time to do that, I think its best achieved by gradually increasing the longevity of breath. its a prerequisite...you get a more thorough feel for movement when you know extreme stillness.
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Postby angryboy » Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:53 am

joeblast thanks! may be you have right! My weak place - i can not set right priority... Some peoples or films or exercise are so interesting... but by me the mind or intelect will be developed through such activities... And some activities for opening heart or feeling or so are absent or are only in small proportion... You saw definitely such peoples, that work in definite fields - they walk and do something, but are all time in their head, thinking about something... Real feeling is absent by them or only in small proportion... They are look like mashine -they don't enjoi the nature or environment (or peoples) or have little time for that. Some of them think that they have more interesting activity, perhaps so... :lol:
looking for something, that i don't know ald looking for my errors in past. thanks for corrections!
angryboy
Forum Addict

Postby angryboy » Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:45 am

In some qi gong systems the peoples use imagination and mind (yi?) to lead chi or build something... In other systems the peoples take definite postures and only feel (without imagination or mind) -> must flow on its own and can cause warmth or other sensations... If i right see, Dr.Yang used his mind (or yi?) to lead chi in micro or macrocosmic orbit or in definite parts of body.Than he had reached selfregulation - chi flows without yi? In what case what system can be used? What are their advantages and disadvantages? In hatha yoga if i make some postures there definite sensations in legs and arms without mind-> perhaps because some parts of spine are relaxed or losed. Siddhis in yoga are also without mind (yi?)? Do somebody has links to explanation and understanding? Some peoples say that there is no dan tieng at all, each part can be dan tieng or whole body (in sence of three dan tieng)?
Last edited by angryboy on Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
angryboy
Forum Addict

Postby joeblast » Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:47 am

Water methods vs fire methods. From my understanding, water methods will line up your body's naturally occurring energy structure in a constructively amplifying fashion in order to build qi. Seems to be inherently safer than fire methods where you are leading qi.
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Postby angryboy » Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:42 am

Is there danger, that some peoples try to get up all chi in the head (third dan tieng) through hard and stressed exercises (for example in sexual field) , but the organs in the field of belly and chest are leved without chi... So the heart stays closed, as well sexual organs also... But in the head there is something? But previous stages can not be simply over jumped? ? ? ? ? ? ?
angryboy
Forum Addict

Postby joeblast » Sat Nov 10, 2007 4:09 pm

It is important to do proper grounding exercises after any qi-moving exercise, even embryonic breathing. Part of training is gradually getting your body used to a higher qi flow. Doing more advanced exercises without taking care of prerequisites can hurt you, just like running too much current through an electrical wire.
Hard and stressed is not the way to go - without doing the soft and easy first you have no foundation to understand how to utilize hard methods. You learn to crawl before walk, walk before run...and run before jump!
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Previous

Return to Qigong / Chi Kung