too much chi?

Discuss Qigong, its ideas, theories and practice. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

too much chi?

Postby carissa » Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:56 am

Hi! Quick question... I've been practicing qigong for about a month and a half now... recently I've had a lot more time to practice and have been doing so intermittently throughout the day/evening. Mostly just EB, self massage & trying to learn the 8 brocades (hard to learn out of a book).

When I first started I was very aware of my chi energy. I know that I went too far and tried exercises that were way too advanced... but I've definitely scaled back. The problem is that I still can feel my energy... I tend to be pretty yang...I think that may be the problem...not enough yin? I don't know...just a guess.

Anyway, I have noticed the last couple days that I have been internally shaking a bit...it feels like what I imagine parkinsons disease feels like. Could this be due to building up too much chi?

Thanks!
carissa
Forum User

Postby joeblast » Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:14 am

look back at dvivid's last reply to you in that other thread 8) (regarding amounts of qi and such)
http://www.ymaa.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=1857

I'm also forgetting you havent read Embryonic Breathing or Small Circulation...the shaking thing is in that list of odd sensations, its likely not that you have built up too much qi, but a sign that the qi is becoming more abundant.

Get those two books and start reading :wink:
joeblast
Forum DemiGod

Return to Qigong / Chi Kung