QIGONG to children

Discuss Qigong, its ideas, theories and practice. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

QIGONG to children

Postby rossana » Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:42 am

Hy everybody!

I 'm wondering if it's good to teach some basic qigong to 12-13 year old children and if it's wise to make them aware of the path of the breathing into dantian and in the limbs.
Who will help me with an answer?
thanks,
rossana
rossana
Forum Regular

Postby pacek » Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:03 am

Hi !
I think it`s good that they have awareness at least of abdominal breathing.I teach a group of ten children aged 5 to 12 years old and what I do with them apart of karate are breathing exercise using straws and balloons and what they have to do is blowing through the straw and mantain the baloon in the air,first they do it using thoracic brething and after that I tell them to inhale air and take it to abdomen expandig it. this way they will see that they will be able to mantain the ballon more time in the air while exhaling. This is only one of the exercise, you can invent various using your imagination.
pacek
Forum User

Postby rossana » Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:02 pm

thanks for your answer, it's encouraging
So, put it like a game you can make children aware of the basic, correct breathing. Your children train karate and a correct breathing is a must for their training, the children I refer to don't do any martial art, I would just help them to get the right habit.
ciao,
rossana
rossana
Forum Regular

Return to Qigong / Chi Kung