Qi Gong with plants

Discuss Qigong, its ideas, theories and practice. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

various methodologies

Postby yeniseri » Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:49 am

paper,

What is your hypothesis to begin with and how will you start?

Idea: Take 2 plants same size and do not water. Separate them? Leave hands over one plant for 10 minutes/day, same time and have no contact with the other plant. Which plant grows taller? Why

OR, Water both plants seaprate them and put qi into one for 10 minites/day. What happened and Why?
yeniseri
Forum ÜberGuru

Postby scramasax57 » Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:22 pm

paper, i think it would be best if you clarified your question. what exactly do you mean by "qigong with plants"?

also, yeniseri, that experiment is inherently flawed because it does not control for other factors. for example, by standing close to the plant you are breathing on it, which increases the amount of carbon dioxide near it and boosts its growth slightly. this is where the old wive's tale that talking o plants helps them grow comes from.
aka eric hinds, 2nd stripe
n. andover, ma branch
yang's martial arts association

changchuan, baihe, and xingyi
scramasax57
Forum DemiGod

Postby Dvivid » Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:23 pm

Sacramsax, c'mon, don't spoil their fun. That sounds like a great experiment!

And according to what I've read, it isn't a "wive's tale" (why is that term used for something that is supposedly not true I wonder? Women always seem to have much stronger intuition of the true nature of things in my experience).

Plants are alive, and aware. Researchers can measure the frequency emitted from plants easily. One study was done where one of the scientists ripped off a leaf from a certain plant, and burned it. The plant frequencies spiked. Then, whenever only that researcher walked into the room, all the plants freaked out. THEN, when a photo of the guy was brought in, they freaked. No, really. people get paid to study things like this.

Also, it has been proved that classical music makes plants bigger and healthier. Explain me that.

Don't get me wrong, I have a healthy skepticism too...

Read this:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0060915870/104-5873156-8220702?v=glance&n=283155
"Avoid Prejudice, Be Objective in Your Judgement, Be Scientific, Be Logical and Make Sense, Do Not Ignore Prior Experience." - Dr. Yang

http://www.ymaa.com/publishing
Dvivid
Forum God

those guys are right

Postby yeniseri » Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:27 pm

paper,

The guys are right but as the Buddha said "don't believe a thing because it is repeated or someone told you" so better to test whatevr your vision is and the answer it.

I will assert scrr.. hypothesis by saying qigong is useless and whatever you do the result is due to 'other' factors so that is the answer if you choose to believe it. You do not have to do anything. Solved.

In everything we do is life, there are placebo effects so better to do no qigong and see what cometh!

the journey begins!
yeniseri
Forum ÜberGuru

Postby yeniseri » Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:49 am

paper,

Better to purify the mind (mental ideation and decreasing rumination) through correct action, correct thought and proper deeds!

I am not into the tree hugging thing (valid for those who find benefit) but if tree hugging can end hunger, end disease and increase happiness then all is good in the world. Tree hugging with evil, vindinctiveness etc does nothing to ease anything except personal stuff (cannot find the word).

I would not say your view is wrong, just a different perspective.
yeniseri
Forum ÜberGuru

Postby scramasax57 » Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:52 pm

note that ripping trees straight up out of the ground is almost physically impossible. even if you had the strength, it's more like that your feet would sink into the ground than the tree come up because the root system of tree has way more surface area than your feet.

and i'm not sure, but are you saying you punched trees as training? that sounds like a really misguided idea.
aka eric hinds, 2nd stripe
n. andover, ma branch
yang's martial arts association

changchuan, baihe, and xingyi
scramasax57
Forum DemiGod

Postby Dvivid » Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:11 am

This thread has officially gone haywire!

Sweet.
"Avoid Prejudice, Be Objective in Your Judgement, Be Scientific, Be Logical and Make Sense, Do Not Ignore Prior Experience." - Dr. Yang

http://www.ymaa.com/publishing
Dvivid
Forum God

Postby Inga » Fri Apr 28, 2006 12:18 pm

'hay'wire...was that an intended pun?
Inga
Admin

Postby BaguaMonk » Tue May 02, 2006 4:48 am

Haha.

Interesting conversation guys. My mother (pretty open minded spiritual woman) swore to me, ever since I was little, that she would speak to the plants, and they would respond...As she got older..it started to go away though..If you think about how connected we are to organic (in other words, alive) material, wether through "energy" or subatomic particles, it is possible that beyond carbbon dioxide, we have different effects on eachother. Try meditating under and next to a tree for a while...amazing. The bigger the tree the better.

I also met another seemingly crazy girl who claimed she had conversations with plants...I could be like everyone else and write her off as "crazy" but their brain is wired so different, what if there is truth to their "reality" ?

I rememebr something weird...I have an uncle, who is (no joke) an absolute genius. Not only that, but he's been like Ultra hyper spiritual since the day he was born. I remember he would talk about the exact same methods that Taoists talked of, transformation of energy, waves, vibrating at higher frequencies, etc. Only he 1) was not buddhist taoist 2)way before new-age BS 3) lived in a secluded area of mexico, had no idea what Taoism/meditation was. He would take me to school every morning, we'd walk. One day, I saw a tree, chopped all the way down to a short stump, but in the middle there was something sticking up..in the shape of a heart. I asked him what it was, he told me it was the heart of the tree, and the tree was dying (I remind you I was little, so he explained "nicely"). I told him that they weren't human, how does it have a heart. He explained to me that they feel pain just like we do. They are just as alive as we are.
BaguaMonk
Forum ÜberGuru

Return to Qigong / Chi Kung