Integration of microcosmic orbit

Discuss Qigong, its ideas, theories and practice. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

Integration of microcosmic orbit

Postby keniz138 » Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:21 am

Hi,

Current daily practice consists of some combination of zazen(shikantaza), yang long form,8 brocade qigong, and "embracing the tree". I have read Dr. Yang's book on Root of Chinese Qigong and I am interested in integrating some microcosmic orbit/leading of qi into my practice. I am wondering how I should begin so I can do it safely. Please be aware that I have been practicing zazen for about two years and tai chi chuan for about 8 months.
A few specific questions:

1) In beginning small circulation, would I be ok to start with the water path? And should I do this during seated meditation or during "embrace tree"?

2) Related to first, in "embrace tree", should I be guiding chi in any way, i.e. up through feet and out through arms. I have done this method in a class before.

3) During 8 brocade, long form...should I intentionally attempt to guide chi out to limbs or just feel and pay attention?

4) After practice, what is the best way to ensure that there is not an abundance of chi anywhere. I assume I should bring everything to lower dan tien and then "shakeout" in a standing position?

Thanks!
keniz138
Forum Regular

Postby abersold » Wed May 03, 2006 5:13 am

Hi,

You should really get his new book, it will assist in answering these questions, he gives realistic practical info on the practice. Take his workshop if possible when offered again on small circulation it will for sure answer anything your in question of.

Qigong meditation "Small Circulation"
ISBN: 1-59439-067-3
abersold
Forum Addict

Return to Qigong / Chi Kung