qigong for medical conditions

Discuss Qigong, its ideas, theories and practice. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

qigong for medical conditions

Postby Greenwood » Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:38 pm

What are your opinions on this? Many people have asked me about qigong for specific medical conditions. From what I have learned so far, it seems that there specific qigong exercises that work areas of the body and stimulate organs within that area (ie lungs, breasts, esophagus would all benefit from the same qigong exercises). There do not seem to be specific exercises for specific diseases (ie oat cell carcinoma of the lungs).
It is rather confusing as I see advertisements for qigong for a myriad of diseases. I take this with a big grain of salt as this is for a commercial endeavor. Seems that the same qigong that stimulates the lungs would be applicable to lung cancer, asthma, emphysema and many other lung diseases. No specific one for each disease. What thoughts are floating around out there about this? Thanks everyone.
Greenwood
Forum Regular

qigong

Postby yeniseri » Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:33 am

Qigong is no cure for life threatening diseases but just one of the many adjunct intervention therapies available for increasing quality of life.
Qigong's benefits do not operate outside the present laws of biology or medicine but they assist in that process. Many of todays diseases are behavioural in original.

Lets say we have 4 variables in our disease and we decide to use qigong as a 5th variable, then qigong's benefit initially would be 20%.

Gong as a main part of both taijiquan and qigong implies that we are doing the frequency and duration over (lets say) 120 days and more for a benefit to be seen.
yeniseri
Forum ÜberGuru

Postby yat_chum » Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:33 am

Isha-hanbun, Yuta-hanbun.
One should rely half on the doctor and half on the shaman.
Okinawan saying
yijing zhidong

use stillness to overcome movement
yat_chum
Forum God

Postby scramasax57 » Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:46 pm

master yang says western medicine is good for emergencies, and chinese qigong and herbal medicine is good for chronic/recurring ailments.
aka eric hinds, 2nd stripe
n. andover, ma branch
yang's martial arts association

changchuan, baihe, and xingyi
scramasax57
Forum DemiGod

Postby abersold » Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:50 am

Hello,

It has been my expierence and working with serious and minor ailments that some Qigong has been exagarated by some teachers. I think alot of "healers" go into Qigong for the wrong reason= big$$$. Qigong balancing is very specific follows similar criteria as in Acupuncture & Chinese Herbal Medicine.

Success Rate: Depending on what stage of a disease is a major factor, belief in the system/practitioner is also important. I always tell people that I help with Qigong never, ever, ever forget about the benefits of Western Medicine, I believe personally the both have benefits and shortcomings.

I personally don't like using the terms, heal, Medical, or Treatment it implies you are a highly trained Medical physician & also gives false hope, which in turn gives Qigong a bad reputation.

I have worked with various cancer patients privately (lymphoma, breast, prostate, colon). This covers 13 different subjects over a test period over the last 1 1/2 years, 3 of the 13 have passed on. So there is no Guarentee with results, the practice and balancing techniques work very good for home therapy.

Public Groups (Gildas Club) serious Cancer recovery and intial stages, out of 20 particpants over a 8 week class. Nine students health rebounded dramatically. MS ALS : Qigong Meditation, 13 movement Tai Chi has reduced 4 students symptoms.

Qigong presented as a "RE-Balancing mode of practice" leaves little to scrutiny in the public format and gives people assurance to try it with an open heart/mind. Eight Brocades, Taiji Qigong (stationary) Qigong meditation are great tools for self help for home.

I recommend all of master Yangs personal products, they are excellent and it shows in the quality of the presentation. Hope this helps, find a public format, it's the best for the practice.
[/b]
abersold
Forum Addict

curing diseases with qigong

Postby Michael User » Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:05 am

. . . ..
Last edited by Michael User on Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Michael User
Forum User

greetings

Postby yeniseri » Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:42 am

Hello Michael,

How are you doing? I hope all is well with you.
yeniseri
Forum ÜberGuru

Postby Michael User » Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:51 am

Doing well, and hope you are, too. :D

Michael
Last edited by Michael User on Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Michael User
Forum User

Postby How Ming » Sun Apr 16, 2006 5:08 am

I would first recomend that you seek out medical advice from a family doctor first befor seeking any alternative medicine pracrice. After that if the disease isnt too serious you can go for the alternative.

To answer your queston Greenwood. Yes there are some chi kung practices that focuses of specific organs (like lungs, kidney, liver, heart, spleen). (You might have to find a specific instructor in your area that teaches such chi kung practices). Although you may not necessairly need to. Regular chi kung exercises can help with the over all health of the body. The chi will flow will normally go to the disease region (although there are some specific systems where you can focus directly to a disease part of the body. Certain chi kung practitioners can do that if your sick.)

If there are no qualify qigong healers in your area there may be accupuncturist that can help with the problem.

Wish you the best of luck.
How Ming
Forum Addict

Return to Qigong / Chi Kung