Chiropractors and qi gong

Discuss Qigong, its ideas, theories and practice. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

Chiropractors and qi gong

Postby Greenwood » Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:31 pm

Has anyone else noticed that chiropractors are now claiming themselves as qi gong experts?
I just got off Google - had been doing a qi gong search (so much junk). Noticed that the new "Local" category on Google has a qi gong section for my state. Initial reaction was - "give me a break, I'm one of maybe 50 people in this state who knows wat qi gong is!"
When clicked on the link, I found that virtually EVERY chiropractor in this state was listed as a qi gong expert. Suspect this comes out of the national or state chiropractic association. Try this on your "Local" Google search option and see what comes up.
My feeling is that this is just another one of their business ploys to try top get more money in their pockets without any real training in qi gong. Anyone else have thoughts - even less cynical ones-on this phenomena? Greenwood.
Greenwood
Forum Regular

Postby darth_freak » Mon Jan 09, 2006 3:24 am

There's been the same thing with acuponcture; some guys would read some book and then claim themselves professional. But one must know that a doc can't be expert in to many things. Especially if he proclaims quite rapidly his/her expertise? expertness? well the fact to be an expert :oops: .

Some may know things about qigong; my grand-ma physical therapist practices taiji and qigong and integrates some of that in his work but I don't think he claims that to be another specification to get more money, what he wants above all is to help his clients.

So gotta be careful with those chiropractor; they're greedy and don't care if you don't get better! (I don't say every one of them is corrupt to the bone but I'd still have my doubts)
"Turn your butt!"
Master Yang.

Xavier
darth_freak
Forum ÜberGuru

Postby Flip » Wed Jan 11, 2006 3:47 pm

greenwood, what state do you live in? Qigong is hardly a secret, or do you live in the Ozarks?

I haven't noticed this phenomenon (chiro disguised as qigong master) in Bermuda or Canada.
Flip
Forum Addict

Postby DOM » Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:13 am

Ya these guys are also becomming accupuncturiest,and they only have to study half the time because they are doctors.It funny,just the other day I stopped in at this knew holistic center in my town.This guy is a chiropractor that built this gorgouse facility..I noticed they offered qigung,so I inguired a little about what he did.He started by stating he was not a master.Ok I thought that was being humble and a good sign.Then he asked to do a muscle test on me to see what kind of energy I had.Hey no problem this was nothing new or stange to me.I learned how to do some of this in massage.But as we spoke further and I exsplaind some of what I do he became very vage and stand offish.And said that if I would like to know more of what he does there is a free clinic next tueday.Sounds like some sales pitch brain washing clinic to me.If I have time I will check it out just to see whats going on. He did say that did energey work and balancing.Ok not so strange but then he stated that he had peaple come to him with a see food allergey and after one treatment they were able to eat shellfish the very next day.I don't know sounds like a snake oil sales man to me.
DOM
Forum ÜberGuru

qigong

Postby sowhat » Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:59 am

Chiropractic from my experience is good at what it does, how ever i've also experienced alot of them sliding things under their belt like massage techniques, and many different eastern health practices. its fine to market yourself as awell rounded practitioner if you really are. but when you see something with a potential to sound new, dabble abit if anything and then draw people with hogwash gong fu, its just not cool. especially when that person that comes for help is mislead on the a subject and may reject it from anywhere else because of a bad 1st impression. that being said i'm quite new in the realm of qigong but my interest is becoming strong.
sowhat
Just Arrived

Return to Qigong / Chi Kung