Everything is kind of Qigong-ish

Discuss Qigong, its ideas, theories and practice. Please stay on topic.

Moderators: nyang, Dvivid, Inga

Everything is kind of Qigong-ish

Postby jellybean » Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:51 am

I've seen many ways of qi gong, yet none was ever close to what I've 1st learned.

My grandfather has a pretty long martial art history. When he 1st taught me qi gong; he told me that qi gong lives in and out of martial art. Qi gong practicing has to do with, the things you eat, the air you breathe, the water you drink, the way you do things, the way you accept things, over all it's pretty much the sum of how you think and balancing between logic and emotion.

So ya... something different from other forms
what do you guys think
:D
Last edited by jellybean on Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
jellybean
Forum Contributor

Postby DOM » Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:35 pm

write on,and also electomagnetic energy.there is a gret book all about this called natural cures they don't want you to know about.It is not a chigung book but it goes into great detail on these subjects.A great book for those concerned about thier health and for any one in to chigung.Dr.Yang also discusses these subjects in his chigung books and stresses there importants on the saftey and effectivness in training chigung.After a few years of daily chigung practice I feel that this subject along with the 24 rules of chigung and deviations are far more important than I have prevously thought.I know feel and beleave that it is very important to and follow these rules,eat organic food,drink pure water breath clean air and stay away from electomagnetic energy to insure the safty and effectivness of chi gung.My big question is this,is it even possable in todays society.Even if you can follow the 24 rules and keep from deviating.The air water and our food supply is filled with poisons and the natural energy of are food alterd by genetic altering.And electomagnetic energy impossable to avoid.
DOM
Forum ÜberGuru

Postby Dvivid » Tue Dec 06, 2005 7:50 am

Hey, stay positive!

1. It is easier now than ever before to find non-Genetically Modifed, organically-grown food in many areas. It used to not be available except in SOME health food stores. Its expensive, but then again, its way MORE expensive to get treatment for cancer. Which sucks.

(Note to skeptics: Pesticides/herbicides cause cancer, and are otherwise not awesome - causing less than ideal health by screwing with your hormones, nervous system, etc: http://www.panna.org/resources/newsroom ... 05.dv.html).

(Other note to other skeptics: Long-term effects of GM foods are only beginning to be studied, even though GM ingredients are already in almost every single item on the shelf at your conventional-food supermarket. As many suspected, the news is not good. GM foods screw with your hormones, and even your genes, causing mutations, and not in a 'Wow! Look, I'm Wolverine now!, kind of way: http://www.cqs.com/50harm.htm)

2. So long as your own electromagnetic energy is healthy, abundant, and circulating well, electromagnetic pollution should not influence you too detrimentally. The EPA calls EMF a "Class B" carcinogen. Avoid high power lines, holding a cell phone to your head 8 hours a day, and straddling a microwave, and you'll be OK. Maybe. http://www.mercola.com/article/emf/emf_dangers.htm

Qigong is way of life, yes. Being positive is a major factor.
Stress = illness. Scientists announced yesterday that they have isolated the hormone released by the nervous system during stress which suppresses the immune system. http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/health/25 ... ess06.html
"Avoid Prejudice, Be Objective in Your Judgement, Be Scientific, Be Logical and Make Sense, Do Not Ignore Prior Experience." - Dr. Yang

http://www.ymaa.com/publishing
Dvivid
Forum God

Postby DOM » Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:39 am

now were talking,these are the subjescts that I feel need to be discussed and exsplored much more indeapth.I have know about geneticaly alter foods herbaside and pestasides in are food for some time.I was studing with a holistic Dr.about 12 years ago.But at that time I felt it was nearly impossable to obtain the right foods and clean water.Organic foods were exspencive and hard to find.Also I was much younger and did not feel the effects of these poisions in my body.When I first started training in chigung I read that clean water,air and food were very important in training chigung.I took note of it but did not realy let it concern me.But know after a few years of daily chigung I feel I am more aware of what is going on in my body.I feel I am more sencitive to my inviorment and what I but in my body.Now after practicing chigung,studing Dr.Yangs books on chigung,and reading natural cure they do not want you to know about I feel very strongly about chigung and what you put in your body.(post birth chi).I am know going back to what I have learned over a decade ago,eating organic foods and detoxing my body.I feel much better in only a few weeks.I have some more detoxing to do and slowly eating more and more organic products.Like you say it is much easier now adays than it was a few years ago.The shopright by me has a lot of organic food and I was told by 2005 over one third of the store will be stocked with organic food.The prices are more exspencive but have come down alot over the last few years.I truley beleave that if more and more of us demand are food be pure,by purchasing more and more organic products.That soon it will much easier and affordable to eat organic.
DOM
Forum ÜberGuru

Postby Flip » Tue Dec 06, 2005 3:33 pm

If you're looking for good organic produce, you may wish to look in your area for small farms that do delivery to your door. Each week you get organic groceries delviered to you, whatever is in season.

It's a great way to support local farms, get good veggies, and avoid pesticides. Anybody in the Boston and NY areas, I'm sure there are several farms that offer this service.
Flip
Forum Addict

Postby BaguaMonk » Wed Dec 07, 2005 7:44 pm

It is true, everything is connected through subatomic particles and electro mangetic fields. Being near your computer, TV, or anything electric for that matter can have an effect on you...Frequencies, even the ones you can't hear can subtlely alter your mood or even perception. Music can as well. People, the atmosphere, the terrain, the view,your own electric magnetif field and its interaction with others. Etc. etc. etc.

Everything is inter-connected and can influence you in both blatant and subtle ways.
"Absolute truth is obtained when the mind achieves complete stillness, the ego and thought are like shackles and chains, blinding you from the obvious truth"
BaguaMonk
Forum ÜberGuru

Return to Qigong / Chi Kung